Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why do our own fans slag us off?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I don't think many of us that support this club understand the moaners, and it has nothing to do with past history. I think what some don't understand is we are 7th in the league, at our best we were 1st and at our worst we were 16th, and we are actually candidates for a play off place for the Prem.

Instead of them slagging off the team tactics and slagging off individuals, I would actually like them to get behind us for the remainder of the campaign, instead of having this inner resentment for the management staff, for which I personally cannot understand. Actually stand up and be a voice in the crowd. Analyse what has f***ed you off when the season ends, not in the crucial part of it.

It is rolled out time and again by those that don't particularly support us, I have come to believe, just come here when we lose, how much they could do a better job, butchers, bakers, soldiers, sailors... all can do a better job. I have noticed, to a point, the people that can do a better job are the ones that watch their footy on Sky and have learnt it from Andy Gray and Gary Neville. They come on here with their 'radical' ideas about how Gus should do this and not that and use this player here and that player there. Quality armchair theories. They obviously train these boys 5 days a week, they take scouts memo's, survey the injury list and suspension possibilities, look at the pitch size, oppositions basic standards, etc. If we sack Gus and take on the NSC management I reckon we'll have to allocate about 145 seats for the home dug out. They go on about us having 5 wingers, but Gus bought them all. Would John Smith recently released from Barnet and now Brighton manager attract them in the first place? So all these armchair fans now tell us how much better Brighton would be under them with the squad available to them that Gus has brought together because he is Gus Poyet and he attracts this standard of player. So these armchair fans would have this squad and they would also be in the Championship because they were that good to get us there.

I have been supporting and watching Brighton since 1973 and apart from the Mullers years I don't remember another time when we have had it so good. In fact we have it better, so much better, the Goldstone was a shithole, the Amex isn't. We have a future. We have a squad. We have a management team. We have an executive board that believes in the club. We have a ground to be proud of. What the f*** are you miseries moaning about? So we don't get play offs first season, so what? Is that an excuse to jump on the manager? You are the people that have a serious problem in your lives, not those that are enjoying what we are doing. And I am totally serious when I say... go support someone else and stop festering NSC and the club, you are a disgrace to the name of Brighton & Hove Albion.

I hope that answers your sanctimonious bleating [MENTION=894]Mr Burns[/MENTION], you have goaded me to answer your threads but I prefer to make my own.

Having said that, I got up for a slash and had an epiphany and wrote this. Back to bed now.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
& yet another thread about this matter.

I personally think it's a big matter, I am embarrassed by the so called supporters of our football club that want to hang our management and players out to dry. I think they have no perspective and no idea about football, and I'd rather they allowed Brighton to be supported by Brighton supporters.

WSU

Jan 17, 2012
You managed to write all of that during one visit to the toilet?? You must have had at least 12 pints last night!
Either way, good point well made! I'm a JCL compared to you, as my first game was in 1995 (what a great year to become an Albion fan!) and I agree we all need to get behind the team, sing up and be the 12th man for the few remaining games.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
JunkieBook.gif

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
so supporters have got to be all for, with what ever the manager / players / board do?

because fans moan about team selection or how the players perform in a game that makes them less of a fan?

I can't sleep now... pumped up from the few pints, not 12 as [MENTION=23180]WSU[/MENTION] said lol

Can you understand me fella when I say this isn't the time to be calling for the head of the manager and all the other associated shit? As I'm saying, why don't these miserable bastards leave it until the end of the season? We should seriously be excited about the last 5 games, not feeling embarrassed by the threads made about wanting Gus Poyet's head. I'm embarrassed by them. The miseries argument is we talk about history, we talk about Preistfield and Withers. But it ain't about that... it is about us being 7th in the Championship, being close enough to smell it and winning more games than we lose. But it just isn't good enough for this miserable few on here that just irritates the rest of us. And for me personally, because I don't reply to the 1001 Burns induced threads yesterday I am one of the quiet ones? What the fucks that all about? It's fine asking for Gus' head on one thread but do it about 4 or 5 times? I personally feel people like him should go, seriously just go, allow Brighton supporters to support Brighton. Go find a Dagenham type side where they feel comfortable. Yeah it is doing my head in.

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
it seems gus and barnes are never allowed to be questioned when they make errors / poor performances.........because we played at gillingham......very strange.

we have a squad easily good enough for the play-offs and some errors have cost us - this is happening NOW regardless if we were non league a few years ago or won the champions league a few years ago.

some of our fans are wet and a little bit gay.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
it seems gus and barnes are never allowed to be questioned when they make errors / poor performances.........because we played at gillingham......very strange.

we have a squad easily good enough for the play-offs and some errors have cost us - this is happening NOW regardless if we were non league a few years ago or won the champions league a few years ago.

some of our fans are wet and a little bit gay.

Mate, everyone is allowed to be questioned undoubtedly I would question Gus' loyalty towards Barnes, but then again I would question Barnes being played out of position. But it isn't that so much. It is the way people come on here and tell us how we should play and the manager should be sacked and players are crap, when all they are is picked to play. None of us would take this level of abuse in our own jobs.

If there has to be an autopsy, wait til the season has ended, but I will bounce the thread last summer where 95% of people said consolidation was our aim. Now a huge percentage of them are just not worthy of Brighton's support. I'm ashamed with them and I hope they are not a good representation of the overall support of the club. Although I feel this place has probably lost a lot of posting from those that are not prepared to read the shite people type anymore. I'll be with them come summer.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Bit indicative really, everyone replies to a negative post, but everyone is to passive to post to a thread that basically tells the negatives to shove it where the sun don't shine. Times we live in I guess.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
London Blue I salute you. That is the most eloquent shooting down of the 'moaners' that I have read yet, and I agree with every word. Well done sir.

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
I completely agree with you LB, definately. But, I reckon this situation would be found at pretty much every other club too, always going to be people who think differently, think negatively whatever the situation. Normally these people are the miserable argumentative types, for example - what a lovely blue sky outside, they would argus that the sky is green or red anything to have a moan up.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Great thread mate.

Yes, maybe we do have a squad good enough for the playoffs and haven't played so well in recent matches. But unfortunately about 12 teams in this league have a good enough squad for the playoffs.

We've made some mistakes. So f***ing what? If those mistakes had lead to us getting relegated then fair enough, but they haven't. Regardless of them, we're still in contention for a playoff place for promotion to the Premier League.

By all means discuss different tactics, question certain decisions. But to slag the club off and call for the head of certain staff and players when we've far exceeded expectations is just bloody ridiculous. The good things they've done for our club far outweigh the mistakes they have made. With Gus in particular, if he hadn't made those mistakes then I doubt he'd even be Brighton manager any more.

Get a grip and support the team, we're still well in with a chance.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Could you imagine being a Hull supporter and the way the have fallen from the play offs? And they were Prem! Or Leicester or Nott'm Forest, or even Portsmouth... and this humble little side from League 1 comes and gate crashes their party.

f***ing hell... these prima dona Brighton supporters seriously need some perspective, sack the manager? I'd rather have the opportunity of sacking a few supporters.

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
Could you imagine being a Hull supporter and the way the have fallen from the play offs? And they were Prem! Or Leicester or Nott'm Forest, or even Portsmouth... and this humble little side from League 1 comes and gate crashes their party.

f***ing hell... these prima dona Brighton supporters seriously need some perspective, sack the manager? I'd rather have the opportunity of sacking a few supporters.

Dude, your passion is impressive and I call on you to be the leader in this crusade against negativity, is this a mantle you will accept? A force of good against an army of evil :) Take your sword, your shield and this casket of rum on your quest (but be back in time for Reading on Tuesday mate).

In seriousness, 100% agree with you

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The trouble is there is a large mix of fans now, some new and some been around for ages and some half-way.

Behind me in WSU I cringe at times hearing the three people slating Barnes or the tactics etc, really is embarrassing to say the least.

If all fans sang from the same hymn sheet perhaps we could become the Stepford club and all dress the same as well.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I don't think many of us that support this club understand the moaners, and it has nothing to do with past history. I think what some don't understand is we are 7th in the league, at our best we were 1st and at our worst we were 16th, and we are actually candidates for a play off place for the Prem.

Instead of them slagging off the team tactics and slagging off individuals, I would actually like them to get behind us for the remainder of the campaign, instead of having this inner resentment for the management staff, for which I personally cannot understand. Actually stand up and be a voice in the crowd. Analyse what has f***ed you off when the season ends, not in the crucial part of it.

It is rolled out time and again by those that don't particularly support us, I have come to believe, just come here when we lose, how much they could do a better job, butchers, bakers, soldiers, sailors... all can do a better job. I have noticed, to a point, the people that can do a better job are the ones that watch their footy on Sky and have learnt it from Andy Gray and Gary Neville. They come on here with their 'radical' ideas about how Gus should do this and not that and use this player here and that player there. Quality armchair theories. They obviously train these boys 5 days a week, they take scouts memo's, survey the injury list and suspension possibilities, look at the pitch size, oppositions basic standards, etc. If we sack Gus and take on the NSC management I reckon we'll have to allocate about 145 seats for the home dug out. They go on about us having 5 wingers, but Gus bought them all. Would John Smith recently released from Barnet and now Brighton manager attract them in the first place? So all these armchair fans now tell us how much better Brighton would be under them with the squad available to them that Gus has brought together because he is Gus Poyet and he attracts this standard of player. So these armchair fans would have this squad and they would also be in the Championship because they were that good to get us there.

I have been supporting and watching Brighton since 1973 and apart from the Mullers years I don't remember another time when we have had it so good. In fact we have it better, so much better, the Goldstone was a shithole, the Amex isn't. We have a future. We have a squad. We have a management team. We have an executive board that believes in the club. We have a ground to be proud of. What the f*** are you miseries moaning about? So we don't get play offs first season, so what? Is that an excuse to jump on the manager? You are the people that have a serious problem in your lives, not those that are enjoying what we are doing. And I am totally serious when I say... go support someone else and stop festering NSC and the club, you are a disgrace to the name of Brighton & Hove Albion.

I hope that answers your sanctimonious bleating [MENTION=894]Mr Burns[/MENTION], you have goaded me to answer your threads but I prefer to make my own.

Having said that, I got up for a slash and had an epiphany and wrote this. Back to bed now.

These are sweeping generalisations and I guess I am one of those you are criticising for daring to suggest that something could be done better, a different set up, a different player here or there

Thankfully I've a mind of my own, have an opinion and respect everyone's point of view ... it's interesting for me to see it all and as much as I don't agree with some of the things I see on here as I don't with your point I like to read it and understand where others are coming from.

If all we got was "I love Gus" "I was at Gillingham so I'm great" "3 years ago we were about to be relegated" then I doubt I'd bother even logging in .... hardly stimulating and/or thought provoking

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Dude, your passion is impressive and I call on you to be the leader in this crusade against negativity, is this a mantle you will accept? A force of good against an army of evil :) Take your sword, your shield and this casket of rum on your quest (but be back in time for Reading on Tuesday mate).

In seriousness, 100% agree with you

In all honesty I would love to rid this place of the negativity and I think it has chased a fair few decent supporters from NSC when they see the constant bile spewed by the so called Brighton fans. I won't be far behind them come summer and the end of the season. I think the losers actually win here because they are shepherded and feel the need to be part of some kind of shite they cannot understand. I get terribly embarrassed, having been a player and a manager, by these amateurs telling us how we should play and what they would do with Buckley, KLL, Nooney, CMS, etc... but they came to this club because of Poyet who also got us promoted and has landed us in the dangerous situation of a possible play off place. So we have arseholes telling us to 'sack the manager his tactics (or tatics cos some clown doesn't know how to spell) are shite', he is this, he is that, but he is also the manager that has us within a sniff of prem footy. The armchair critics here make me seriously cringe. YES we will have bad games, that is football, get over it you Prem merchants! NO we may not see the promised land you so desire this season... so f***ing what? TB had a 2019 plan for the Prem, we are in 2012. There are a lot of people on here that simply do not understand football and I cringe. Vive le revolution if you don't understand football!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here