Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why do Americans ALWAYS...

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
make films about sports and yet Europeans don't really bother.

Granted most of them are rubbish but I think its an interesting point.

My own theory is, like their fascination with stats, its all about dramatising, say, American Football.

Football has all its own stories, legends and history, there really isn't a need for it.

Also its just cheesy as f***.

Unless its Shaolin Soccer that is.

Thoughts?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
It's a simple matter of funding. There's very few British films made compared to what comes out of the US. Admittedly at least 80% of these films are rubbish but there again, I don't think that the Yanks make that many sporting films anyway.

The problem is that few people relate to American sports as very few people here actually play or even follow them.

As for their fasination with stats I'm convinced they only do that to try to make people think that their stop start way of playing the four major sports doesn't make them seem as boring as they actually are. I mean, there's no better cure for insomnia than Baseball.

Last edited:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Because that's all they think about EVER and they are a nation of hero worshippers.

Tell you what though, I'm looking forward to seeing Dodgeball.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
D'Angelo Saxon said:
What the f*** is Shaolin Soccer? That sounds DOPE! :lolol:

f*** mate, if you THINK it sounds dope wait till you see it. I've only seen the last half hour, its AMAZING.

Kung fu/special effects on a football pitch.

I put a link to trailer on NSP once

have a search for it on google

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Waterboy was good:lolol:
Thing is there is so many and they all have the same ending i.e the last bat wins it bla bla bla.:shootself

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here