Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why didn't CMS take the penalty ?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Because his ((CMS) last penalty was useless. He scored. Barnes should not have taken it either. He was bound to be outguessed. I could see it coming from home. But if he had tapped in the rebound his choice would have been OK.

I think Bridge should have taken it.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
The pen Barnes took was as shit as the one he missed at Brentford. Dive by Buckley anyway, never a pen :mad:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Without seeing the penalty I bet it was missed to the keepers right ?

I think it was the other side which meant that Barnsey was meaning to outwit Kasper but it went wrong. A lesser keeper and it would have worked. Hard into the corner is the only way to take a penalty and if you hit it hard enough the worse that can happen the ball bounces out and you net the rebound. Missing the rebound appears to be the biggest miss.

CMS would have missed it as well. I would be inclined to pick another player altogether by a pre-arrangement.

Now all we have done is softened up Leicester for their game against Palace.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I think it was the other side which meant that Barnsey was meaning to outwit Kasper but it went wrong. A lesser keeper and it would have worked. Hard into the corner is the only way to take a penalty and if you hit it hard enough the worse that can happen the ball bounces out and you net the rebound. Missing the rebound appears to be the biggest miss.

CMS would have missed it as well. I would be inclined to pick another player altogether by a pre-arrangement.

Now all we have done is softened up Leicester for their game against Palace.

I don't think that's particularly fair, he was stretching, and a leicester defender is challenging him, possibly kicking Barnes foot as barnes kicks the ball.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
From where I stood, It was a decent penalty strike - hard and low to the right (keeper's left)
Smeichal (sp?) guessed right and got down right to save it...He did well, it was a good save. Pity about the rebound though.

BTW it was a definite penalty decision against Buckley

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
How ironic that in the half time entertainment one of the very young Albion fans plucked from the crowd for a penalty shoot out against young Foxes fans showed just how to take a great penalty slotting a beauty past a senior Leicester goalkeeper into the very corner of the same net that Barnes failed to find about 10 minutes later. No pressure, just 25k fans. The lad must feel pretty good.

Albion won the shoot out (even though the Foxes were given an extra go but still couldn't equalise) and the youngsters probably got our most deserved cheer of the night.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here