Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why did White ignore the fans tonight?

getreal1

Aug 13, 2008
He knows that it was only short term. If there had been no win at Millwall then it's a reception he'd not be getting. After 8 years of indifference from fickle football fans I don't blame him. My own view is still that he is hopeless and should go with Booker though.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
Because he is worried about his job and alot of fans have given him a load of shit ( I think he is a poor coach but some of the abuse he gets is out of order.)

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
He gets abuse from people who have no idea if he is a good coach. Can't blame him for being pissed off

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Not surprising is it really? It's like applauding the jury who are about to pronounce you Guilty.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
He gets abuse from people who have no idea if he is a good coach. Can't blame him for being pissed off

Completely agree there. He can’t be that bad a coach 4 points out of 6 and at least he is prepared to play players in their correct position (apart from virgo)

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Why does it matter? You're only making it matter to use as a stick to beat him with.....

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Some of the abuse he gets is sickening, I don't blame him for not acknowledging the fans, it was his job to prepare the team and he did a good job in his short spell in charge.

reigate

Nov 10, 2005
He gets abuse from people who have no idea if he is a good coach.

Exactly. How many people on here who contantly slag him off know anything about his ability as a coach.

He is has worked with quite a few managers here and was part of 3 promotions. I was actually told by a player during Adams' 1st spell in charge that White was the worst coash at the club, (and Wilkins the best), but some of the stick he get on here is unbelievable.

Not that people on here ever jump on band wagons of course....

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
He might have got a good reception when he first walked out but he was almost constantly abused throughout the match. And I don't think for one minute that if he had applauded the crowd when he walked out then that abuse wouldn't have happened.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
He might have got a good reception when he first walked out but he was almost constantly abused throughout the match. And I don't think for one minute that if he had applauded the crowd when he walked out then that abuse wouldn't have happened.

I was in D block, and didn't notice any abuse being directed at White at all. Maybe a few grumbles when he "slotted" Virgo back into into central midfield, but to say White was "almost constantly abused thoughout the match" is tosh.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Exactly. Not sure how many people on here have been involved in one of his training session and are therefore fit to comment. However, I am sure that the coaches at any club train under the instructions of the manager who decides tactics. Our problem this season has been the vast amount of goals we have conceded from poor defensive judgement which is down to the players on the pitch.

Also, the comment about him standing on the touchline is truly pathetic. If he spent the whole game sitting in the dugout or watching from the directors box you would slag him off for that.

At the end of the day, both he and Booker are facing an uncertain future and like anyone else who is or has lost their job in this recession, will probably find it hard to get other work.

brightonbear

Jan 2, 2008
Exactly. Not sure how many people on here have been involved in one of his training session and are therefore fit to comment. However, I am sure that the coaches at any club train under the instructions of the manager who decides tactics. Our problem this season has been the vast amount of goals we have conceded from poor defensive judgement which is down to the players on the pitch.

Also, the comment about him standing on the touchline is truly pathetic. If he spent the whole game sitting in the dugout or watching from the directors box you would slag him off for that.

At the end of the day, both he and Booker are facing an uncertain future and like anyone else who is or has lost their job in this recession, will probably find it hard to get other work.

This is a very sensible post. Dean is a remarkably hard working and dedicated coach/individual who has nothing but respect from all the players and staff at the club. It never fails to amaze me some of the comments I read on here about him and others from people who have absolutley no knowledge of them either professionally or personally, but are still willing to offer any sort of pejorative view point about them.

Your entitled to your opinion of course, but your comments about his ability to do his job should be tempered with the knowledge that in general terms you haven't got a f***ing clue what your talking about, unless you have first hand experience of working with him.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
This is a very sensible post. Dean is a remarkably hard working and dedicated coach/individual who has nothing but respect from all the players and staff at the club. It never fails to amaze me some of the comments I read on here about him and others from people who have absolutley no knowledge of them either professionally or personally, but are still willing to offer any sort of pejorative view point about them.

Your entitled to your opinion of course, but your comments about his ability to do his job should be tempered with the knowledge that in general terms you haven't got a f***ing clue what your talking about, unless you have first hand experience of working with him.

Well said, what most the abuse completely ignores is the fact he's played the game professionally at higher level than certain top managers in the game.

.. and in a complete different universe to the 99.99% of the people on here.

Hardly the pedigree of someone who doesn't know what they are doing.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here