Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why did we not sign an Attacking Threat?

Kaney

Banned
Feb 11, 2004
Brighton
Why, I ask, did we fail to sign any form of attacking player on the transfer window day?

Fair enough we have signed a new goalie, even though we have 4 on books, and a defender that will not fully replace our 2 injured defenders.

But to not even sign a forward or attacking midfield player is just insane, we have scored minimal goals and majority have come from non forwards which suggests that we do not have the fire power to survive in this division and therefore need some.

By simply strengthening, if that, the back line we will need vast individual improvements to survive this season.

Kaney

Banned
Feb 11, 2004
Brighton
Thats no reason, i'm sure we could have got someone, Feeney went to Luton, we'd have had him

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Because we are millions in dept?

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
Kaney said:
Thats no reason, i'm sure we could have got someone, Feeney went to Luton, we'd have had him

there is no point signing people for the sake of it. it looks like we are gonna stay up the george graham way

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
if we dont let and in(great defence) and somehow score a goal through mcgammon, mcphee or knight or virgo, we get three points thats good for me and we probally cant offer great wages so not many players want to come to us.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Kaney said:

Didn't he go for about £120,000? Which is about, ooh ... £120,000 more than we can afford? It really shouldn't come as a shock that we're a little short of money.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Just because you see Players going to other clubs does not mean that they would have come BHA anyway. Some Players just dont want to come on loan at this time of the season (especially half decent forwards) unless there is a long term deal involved, some players dont want to travel that far for the sake of a few games, some players have already agreed contracts with clubs to sign at the end of the season so they cannot risk going on loan. Believe me they did try to get forwards, but its not as simple as it sounds.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Race said:
but its not as simple as it sounds.

Unlike people who ask such stupid questions...

I'm going to be blunt-WE HAVE NO f***ing MONEY!!!! With that in mind and bearing in mind that of our 4 goalkeepers 2 are long term injured and the other 2 are not particularly suitable for a relegation battle-signing a goalkeeper seems sensible. Also, we have just lost a key player in Hinshlewood-where does he play? So to replace him let's sign a forward :shootself

Please try and understand that until the Falmer issue has been settled we are always going to struggle to attract the number of players we need to be consistently competitive in this division.

Apparently we did get very close to getting a couple of strikers, don't know any names, but couldn't afford the wages of one, club wouldn't release the other. Shit happens, we move on.

We have Knight, Big Mac and Virgs competing for the two spots up front, that should be enough providing they get service.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I believe Carl Asaba was the one we couldn't afford.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Re Asaba I've had it confirmed from inside the Albion that he wanted to sign but money was the stumbling block, so just why Dick didn't appeal directly to the fans to dig deep. I'd have stumped up some money as I'm sure many others would as well.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Harty said:
Re Asaba I've had it confirmed from inside the Albion that he wanted to sign but money was the stumbling block, so just why Dick didn't appeal directly to the fans to dig deep.

I'd have dougdeep. Seriously.

Mustela Furo

Advantage Player
Jul 7, 2003
Harty said:
Re Asaba I've had it confirmed from inside the Albion that he wanted to sign but money was the stumbling block, so just why Dick didn't appeal directly to the fans to dig deep. I'd have stumped up some money as I'm sure many others would as well.

If he wanted to sign that much, why didn't he take the drop in wages for just SIX WEEKS, in order to prove what he had and earn a longer deal on better wages - either with us or someone else ?

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Where is he going at the end of the season?

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Harty said:

thats funny because thats not what Sarbs told Tank on Wednesday night! :nono:

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
LANGDON SEAGULL said:
Ah, we will pay for players by using the brown envelopes full of used notes from our agents?

well John Jensen would have fit into the albion perfectly...1 goal in 120 games.lol

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
Personally think we could of got a youngster in from a prem club for on loan and on very cheap wages.....

i.e quincy owusu obeyie. mark yeates,bradley wright phillips,

no i know b.w.phillips maybe a little unrealistic but quincy was a very realistic chance.

And at least yeates would have been sumthin

And why use wages on a defender when you could play virgo there who is probably better than dolan and then use the wages on a foward

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here