Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Why did the boos happen and/or who was targeted?

What was the booing all about?

• Booing individual player(s)

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Booing the team as a whole

Votes: 7 2.6%
  • Booing Graham Potter

Votes: 6 2.2%
  • Booing out of frustration

Votes: 234 87.6%
  • Something else (please state)

Votes: 17 6.4%

• Total voters

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Do you think the lack of a 20 goal striker is due to the club not trying or lack of budget?

We most definitely aren't in the 20 Premier League goal striker category, unless they can go against the entire DNA of the club and produce one through the ranks.

The club needs to have a focal striker - expensive as always.
The club needs to have a secondary striker - already got Maupay couldn't be more perfect.
The club needs a third competent striker - Seemingly not Connolly or Zeqiri but of that ilk.

I answered you first thing the morning.

It feels like too much emphasis has been put into the future without taking care of the here and now.

There's no point planning for long term Premier League top 10 status if one season there aren't 3 teams worse.

Seeing what the squad already has.
Seeing what the squad needs now.

To use your words, I don't think the clubs tries (spends) hard enough and prefers to budget for the future.

If the recruitment team see a striker and the reports back are all 'this is the one', which the rumours would have us believe they do and in fairness to them they are decisions that have merit going forward, then it really needs to take the plunge.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
…with Tony Bloom’s money or yours and mine?

The recruitment process is spending more than enough striker money - just not on a striker.

You, like me, were at Villa.

You watched one phenomenal attacking wing back look up and across the box, then pass to the other phenomenal attacking wing back, with nobody in between.

I keep coming back to it, but if that was a one off then c'est la vie.

But the simple fact is it's not and hasn't been for quite some time.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
We most definitely aren't in the 20 Premier League goal striker category, unless they can go against the entire DNA of the club and produce one through the ranks.

The club needs to have a focal striker - expensive as always.
The club needs to have a secondary striker - already got Maupay couldn't be more perfect.
The club needs a third competent striker - Seemingly not Connolly or Zeqiri but of that ilk.

I answered you first thing the morning.

It feels like too much emphasis has been put into the future without taking care of the here and now.

There's no point planning for long term Premier League top 10 status if one season there aren't 3 teams worse.

Seeing what the squad already has.
Seeing what the squad needs now.

To use your words, I don't think the clubs tries (spends) hard enough and prefers to budget for the future.

If the recruitment team see a striker and the reports back are all 'this is the one', which the rumours would have us believe they do and in fairness to them they are decisions that have merit going forward, then it really needs to take the plunge.

It's no wonder you can't enjoy it if you start the season frustrated before a ball has been kicked. Every game must start with your frustration at this premise, so that each missed chance is another pin in your cushion of frustration. I do actually have a bit of sympathy, you must look at people who just enjoyed Saturday as a really decent games of football, echoed around the media and radio I might add, and be infuriated. Do they not have pin cushions of their own!!??

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
The recruitment process is spending more than enough striker money - just not on a striker.

Transfer fees are one thing, salary demands are quite another. I doubt our spending broke any wage structural levels we have in place. Salary structures aren't just about the 1 player you bring in, they set the structure for every negotiation within the squad. Benteke is on £6m per year. £6m. It ain't easy let's be brutally honest.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's no wonder you can't enjoy it if you start the season frustrated before a ball has been kicked. Every game must start with your frustration at this premise, so that each missed chance is another pin in your cushion of frustration. I do actually have a bit of sympathy, you must look at people who just enjoyed Saturday as a really decent games of football, echoed around the media and radio I might add, and be infuriated. Do they not have pin cushions of their own!!??

Are you telling me you weren't frustrated after Saturday?
Or after Newcastle?
I was frustrated while driving back from Villa.
It's hard to imagine I won't be frustrated on the train back from Southampton :lol:

I'm a Brighton fan I'm supposed to be frustrated.
Unsurprisingly as the achievement rises so does the frustration.

Isn't this not a safe place to say 'f**k me this is so frustrating?'.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Are you telling me you weren't frustrated after Saturday?
Or after Newcastle?
I was frustrated while driving back from Villa.
It's hard to imagine I won't be frustrated on the train back from Southampton :lol:

I'm a Brighton fan I'm supposed to be frustrated.
Unsurprisingly as the achievement rises so does the frustration.

Isn't this not a safe place to say 'f**k me this is so frustrating?'.

I was frustrated, but I also enjoyed the game. I don't know, I have a kind of :shrug: outlook on things. We're top half, if we were bottom 4 I might be a bit more upset. I find negativity only attracts more negativity. You're frustrated because you don't have control over it. It seems like it's preventing you from any enjoyment when things aren't going our way but not a disaster either - which seems a shame.

There is always going to be some frustration, because if we did find our Jiminez and got to 6th, you'd be like Leicester fans getting frustrated because we can't make that final step to the top 4. There is always another level! I said this to my wife once, you've always got to know your level, and when I met you, I settled for mine....:p:lolol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Transfer fees are one thing, salary demands are quite another. I doubt our spending broke any wage structural levels we have in place. Salary structures aren't just about the 1 player you bring in, they set the structure for every negotiation within the squad. Benteke is on £6m per year. £6m. It ain't easy let's be brutally honest.

At least the club is saving money in win bonuses (I write sarcastically)

I never said it was easy.
We're talking about a (US) billion pound business.

There's a reason strikers are expensive, a reason they get paid the most, a reason why the rest of the team respect that (if they are in fact 'the one')
A rising tide raises all boats.

Despite all my wailing to El Pres I'm incredibly risk adverse.
I'd need weapons grade tranquilizers in order to put pen to a contract that effectively puts the fate of my club in the boots of one player.

But then again I'm so risk adverse I wouldn't be silly enough to buy a football club.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I was frustrated, but I also enjoyed the game. I don't know, I have a kind of :shrug: outlook on things. We're top half, if we were bottom 4 I might be a bit more upset. I find negativity only attracts more negativity. You're frustrated because you don't have control over it. It seems like it's preventing you from any enjoyment when things aren't going our way but not a disaster either - which seems a shame.

There is always going to be some frustration, because if we did find our Jiminez and got to 6th, you'd be like Leicester fans getting frustrated because we can't make that final step to the top 4. There is always another level! I said this to my wife once, you've always got to know your level, and when I met you, I settled for mine....:p:lolol:

No, there isn't another level.

You've pointed to the very top of the mountain, best of the rest.
Sports washing and hedge funds have removed the very top from beyond the reach of #TeamsLikeBrighton.

As already said, 6th/Wembley is the top of our mountain, and by Jimminy! the whole jigsaw, which for me has taken nearly 50 years to build, is just one piece away from completion.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
No, there isn't another level.

You've pointed to the very top of the mountain, best of the rest.
Sports washing and hedge funds have removed the very top from beyond the reach of #TeamsLikeBrighton.

As already said, 6th/Wembley is the top of our mountain, and by Jimminy! the whole jigsaw, which for me has taken nearly 50 years to build, is just one piece away from completion.

A 10,000 piece jigsaw, with only 1 piece missing, is still a really nice jigsaw. :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Why would our manager opt to antagonise the fanbase with comments concerning our history? Weird :shrug:

You're right.

He also physically attacked fans, I heard.

Potter OUT!!!!

Boo. BOO!!!!

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
With our defence, all we need is a 10 goal a season striker in the PL and we'd be laughing. But we don't have that. Is it because of the individuals? Or the service? Debatable. But I think everyone can agree it's frustrating we didn't beat Arsenal given how the game went, we didn't beat Newcastle given that first half was as one-sided as a PL game can ever be and we didn't beat Leeds despite another dominant first half performance.

We clearly lack something important and it's frustrating because we're so incredibly close to being a top 10 team. Everything up to the final third is in that category.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
At Aston Villa just 10 days ago - which was frustrating to say the least , and not in any way a performance to match that of Leeds, at the end of the game there were no boos, decent applause for the team as most of them came over and Graham applauded the away section and got a warm response.
Mind you a fair few had left before the final whistle.

Dub-67

Sep 12, 2012
Why did the boos happen?
Something else (please state)

Bed wetter's got sore bum cheeks

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here