% of Our Goals 21.15 19.23
Mins/Goal 188.00 203.70
Team Goals While On 42 36
"Games" (mins/90) 22.98 22.63
No of Games scored in (start) 9 6
No of Games scored in (sub) 0 1
Shots (total) 61 57
Shots (average per appearance) 2.10 1.97

Seems not to be a big gulf between being the best player at the club by miles and being a shower of shit.

Trouble is you take out Barnes' goals and there is not a lot else.Murray was an absolute handful when he came on yesterday.

k2bluesky

Sep 22, 2008
Brighton
Hopefully Gus was just thinking of keeping him fresh for Tuesday which is potentially more winnable than Bournemouth was but the fact that he's in no rush suggests to me he's looking for an end of season move (up north) as a free agent thus insuring an extra few quid on his contract. Gus wants to give priority to those who will(?) remain rather than giving Murray a shop window for himself, although to be honest Barnes, Holroyd, Sandaza, Wood aren't really gonna make any defences too worried so we will have to buy (+unload) in the summer.
Really tricky situation we need Murray's skill I suspect more than he needs us any longer, I'd be delighted but amazed if he resigns with us.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
Trouble is you take out Barnes' goals and there is not a lot else.Murray was an absolute handful when he came on yesterday.

Spot on, you could argue Murray was our MOM on Saturday (especially if the disallowed goal would have stood or he had tucked away the golden chance). Glenn holds the ball up so well brings in others and he also draws a lot of fouls in dangerous areas. Barnes on Saturday just did not do that and in all games just does not do it as well as Murray. If Glenn was to go in the window and it is a done deal as some are intimating surely he wouldn't have played at all on Saturday (that's what normally happens). Hopefully it is just Gus rotating (as he has done before) and decided he wanted to give Glenn a rest. It wouldn't have been the game I would have chose to bench Glenn but Gus has got us to where we are in the league and in Gus I trust.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Really tricky situation we need Murray's skill I suspect more than he needs us any longer.

I think this could be key, and I'm concerned as we know Gus can be a stubborn one, as much as he is a fantastic manager. Of course we need Murray more than he needs us.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I think the Murray thing is a very complicated situation, really, no-one on here really knows what he is like to manage, Gus in the past has said he requires handling differently from everyone else and I have heard he can be quite an isolated character in the squad at times. All we can do is trust Gus that he is managing the player properly and as far as I am concerned, Tony will largely be handling contract renewals, with Gus's input on certain things.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Gus said something on Twitter before the match about Glenn being traumatised and he was therefore leaving him on the bench.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Why does there always have to be a conspiracy about Murray? He was dropped/rested no more no less.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

The trouble with any player is that if you take away the best aspects of their game they're not as good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here