Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why did Albion sell the Goldstone? Argus letters achieve new low...

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
What you have to realise that is that since the Goldstone was sold the population mix in Brighton has changed. One in four properties are now bought by Londoners so they dont have a clue about local topics that people born in Brighton know about.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
portlock seagull said:
Why does the Brighton Evening Argus even bother printing such drivel (this from today)?
EXACTLY. A more useful course of action would be to send the men in white coats round to this old bat's house.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
NMH said:
"I have heard that the Falmer site, is actually a SACRED CARAVAN SITE, and all of us will be CURSED by the ancient pikey spirits.

Please Argus, DO something to stop the chavs from rising like they did in Michael Jackson's 'Thriller' video. The pikeys are going to boogie down to Western Road and eat our children"

:rave: :rave: :rave: :rave: :rave: :dance:

See how that works?
:lolol:

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
bhafc99 said:
But the issue remains: not knowing the facts, whatever the reason for that ignorance, disqualifies you from having an opinion on them.
No. You're still entitled to your opinion. But if it's based on ignorance of the facts, the rest of us are entitled to ridicule it. That's democracy. Even in The Argus.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
We sold the Goldstone?, why wasn't I informed :censored:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Wanderer said:
We sold the Goldstone?, why wasn't I informed :censored:
I hear that a very good book called BUILD A BONFIRE explains it all :)

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
If one in four properties in Brighton has been bought by absolutely clueless Cockneys then it would be in all our interests if they buggered off back there.

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Clearly, this chap is a FOOL, but if he is that uninterested in football, it's fair enough that he may not know what happened.

What made me f***ing ANGRY was that the Argus would even print such a letter. Two sides to every story and that, but printing a letter they know full well is entirely ill informed, on such an emotive topic is f***ing stupid.

At least put an 'Argus comment' on it with the real story, otherwise people might agree with such idiocy - or don't print it at all. UTTER TOSH, and they knew it.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Mr deez said:
Clearly, this chap is a FOOL, but if he is that uninterested in football, it's fair enough that he may not know what happened.

What made me f***ing ANGRY was that the Argus would even print such a letter. Two sides to every story and that, but printing a letter they know full well is entirely ill informed, on such an emotive topic is f***ing stupid.

At least put an 'Argus comment' on it with the real story, otherwise people might agree with such idiocy - or don't print it at all. UTTER TOSH, and they knew it.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I'm sure that we'll see responses tomorrow and over the weekend which explain the truth.

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
Clearly an outsider, but what worries me is that as soon as they move to the area they start ordering us about as if they have lived here all their lives.

Vicar

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Vicar! said:
Clearly an outsider, but what worries me is that as soon as they move to the area they start ordering us about as if they have lived here all their lives.

Vicar

I think that it is more a case of when you move to a new area you want to be intergrated with the locals so tend to join in with what is going on. If his neighbours are anti Falmer he would become part of that protest. Doesnt make it right but it shows that not everybody out there is on our side and begs the question of are we winning the PR Battle? Mind you there is no guarantee that he/she is a newcomer to the area.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Mr deez said:

Nah, newspapers love letters like that as they know they're going to get loads of responses. The more ill-informed, the better.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I sent my letter of disgust off. I doubt whether they print it though, 'care in the community' came into it somewhere. :blush:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here