Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why can't woman just pay for stuff and f*** off?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Right, I've just come back from my local shop. It has two tills, which for a small village would seem perfectly adaquate. And to be fair, usually is.

Except this afternoon, when all I wanted was a pint of semi-skimmed, I experienced the "Costcutter" equivilant of A Perfect Storm. At one till was an old biddy spilling all her small change on the counter to find EXACTLY the right combination of coins to settle a bill of just over £4 - even though she had a wad of perfectly acceptable fivers in her other hand. Now, in my book that's just f***ing RUDE! :angry:

Meanwhile, over at the other till was a middle aged woman who's bill was something like £12:42, or whatever. BUT instead of just handing over fifteen quid and simply pocketing the change - yes, you've already guessed - she uttered the dreaded words, "Oh, I've got the 42 somewhere", before spending an age scrummaging about for 2x20p and 1x2p it in the bottom of her f***ing purse.

Meanwhile, the queue for both tills stretches back to somewhere in the dairy aisle :angry:

Last edited:

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
We do it to speed things up & make life easier for the lovely checkout staff. :thumbsup:

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
At the moment I have £18 in change in my purse (following a night out!), I don't have to get out some notes so it speeds stuff up, it's more convenient for me to get rid of the change I have!!!

AND, when i used to work in a shop or in the pub, when something came up as £5.42, i used to HATE it when people gave me a tenner. It's SO annoying, and it only takes a few customers to do it before you run out of change!

So THAT'S why women use their change, it's far more SYMPATHETIC and THOUGHTFUL than using NOTES.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Chaps, I'm getting mullered!!

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
THOUGHTFUL? who gives a f***? Time is money. Get in get out. Quicker you get in, the quicker you can get out for a shag.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Right, I've just come back from my local shop. It has two tills, which for a small village would seem perfectly adaquate. And to be fair, usually is.

Except this afternoon, when all I wanted was a pint of semi-skimmed, I experienced the "Costcutter" equivilant of A Perfect Storm. At one till was an old biddy spilling all her small change on the counter to find EXACTLY the right combination of coins to settle a bill of just over £4 - even though she had a wad of perfectly acceptable fivers in her other hand. Now, in my book that's just f***ing RUDE! :angry:

Meanwhile, over at the other till was a middle aged woman who's bill was something like £12:42, or whatever. BUT instead of just handing over fifteen quid and simply pocketing the change - yes, you've already guessed - she uttered the dreaded words, "Oh, I've got the 42 somewhere", before spending an age scrummaging about for 2x20p and 1x2p it in the bottom of her f***ing purse.

Meanwhile, the queue for both tills stretches back to somewhere in the dairy aisle :angry:
:lolol::lolol:quality
Its the twats at cashpoints that fu$k me right off:angry:

Twinkle Toes

Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
It's the same when women get on the bus.

They KNOW how much it is, they could get their money out before the bus arrives.

Seemingly, both those considerations are far too difficult.

Not at all! It's just so that we can have a friendly chat with the kind bus driver - & in turn this gives both parties an enormous sense of wellbeing. :)

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Similar issues after they've paid .... instead of just chucking their purse and receipt into their HUGE handbag they insist on standing there neatly folding the receipt, finding somewhere in the purse to put it, neatly placing the change in their purse and then insisting on packing the purse in their handbag in some hidden pocket :censored::censored::censored::censored:

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
At the moment I have £18 in change in my purse (following a night out!), I don't have to get out some notes so it speeds stuff up, it's more convenient for me to get rid of the change I have!!!

AND, when i used to work in a shop or in the pub, when something came up as £5.42, i used to HATE it when people gave me a tenner. It's SO annoying, and it only takes a few customers to do it before you run out of change!

So THAT'S why women use their change, it's far more SYMPATHETIC and THOUGHTFUL than using NOTES.

Convenient for you maybe, but the stores are called convenience stores for the good of everyone. How is fart-arsing around looking for change convenient for the men of this world who have far better things to do than wait in line, like...... I dunno... stuff!

Twinkle Toes

Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Similar issues after they've paid .... instead of just chucking their purse and receipt into their HUGE handbag they insist on standing there neatly folding the receipt, finding somewhere in the purse to put it, neatly placing the change in their purse and then insisting on packing the purse in their handbag in some hidden pocket :censored::censored::censored::censored:

Ha! Women who go through this particular post-purchase routine generally do it to further piss-off any men close by who find this habit especially maddening. ;)

MORTY

Jan 9, 2007
Basingstoke
Why, whenever they are paying for anything, do women wait until they are told how much the total is before starting to look for their purse in the black hole that is the handbag. Its like its a big surprise they've gotta pay!!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Why, whenever they are paying for anything, do women wait until they are told how much the total is before starting to look for their purse in the black hole that is the handbag. Its like its a big surprise they've gotta pay!!

I can reference that, I once stood behind some biddy who watched all her stuff go pinging past the barcoder without even attempting to bag the stuff up.. The Shop assistant rudely awoke the miscreant by saying "£12. 42 please madam" the biddy then awoke and tried to get her purse out while packing at the same time.... oh and after finally getting organised, proceeded to pull out a wad of assorted money off coupons for the shop assistant to check....most of the coupons were for products she had not bought...

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
I know, who cares about relationships and feelings and that. just pay for it, enjoy it then f*** off. i dont want to have to wake up to you the next morning.

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
Chaps, I'm getting mullered!!

They say oh, I have the 42p here to make life easier for you (how the f*** that makes life easier is beyond me, a bloke!!) Then they say...Oh sorry, Im a dumb f*** and only got notes for you..........Sorry, hope makes your life easier......!:shrug:

This all happens AFTER they take 2-3 mins to get out purse. Only been in the que for 10 mins...:shrug:

Thre has been a post similar to this some time back...........think I started it:angry::angry::angry:

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Funnily enough something similar just happened to me in the newsagents. I was waiting to buy a bottle of coke and a stupid old woman in front was looking at her change suspiciously. I thought she was going to be due a £10 note of something when she said (I'm not making this up):

"First of all, I'm owed two pennies in change, second I want to use this to buy an evening standard"

She hands the £2 coin, the bewildered assistant is already handing her £1.50 change and explaining that she owed £7.96 so her £2.04 change was correct. She couldn't gte her thick head round it and the confusion went on for what seemed like an age! In the end I just dumped £1 down on the counter a walked out.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
The worst for me is in KFC... if you join the back of a long queue, and end up waiting 15 mins+ before being served, has anyone else wanted to lamp the tosser (male or female...usually female) in front of you who finally get to the counter and say to the person they are with:
"erm.. what do you fancy then?"

WTF have you been doing the last 15 mins? Doesn't it occur to you people to look at the bloody menu in lit up writing 24 inches high on the wall above you, so you can order QUICKLY when it's your turn?????
No wonder the queues are long with f*ckwits like that around....

Not that i'm condoning violence.. lamping, of course, would be unnecessary...

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I used to run a shop, you need some people with the right change or you come to a grinding halt.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here