Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why arent you getting the recognition you deserve?

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
It's nice to keep under the radar and the media will be only too well aware of how things went downhill last season after a very promising start. If we can repeat or get anywhere near our current points total in the next 7 games, I think we'll start to attract a lot more attention.

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
We're not playing very well and we have no players who would be of any interest to any other teams. Nothing to see here. Move along.

Tell your friends.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I can't say I think the club is being ignored by anyone, to be honest. Certainly no more than, say, last season's beaten play off finalists, Blackpool. It's always been about those clubs splashing the cash - so this year, that's Blackburn, Cardiff and to a lesser extent Forest.

And remember, we've been here before - we started well last year and were jostling for top position with Southampton early on. I don't think the pundits have realised just how much we've improved though, possibly because we missed out on the much-wanted strikers (Maynard, Rhodes) that were on many people's shopping lists. However, our back 5 would already be good enough for at least half the clubs in the Premiership, and we've now got great strength in depth pretty much all over the pitch. That's why our challenge hopefully won't fade this season.

Golden Oldie

Feb 10, 2004
We even got a mention on Corrie on Friday, albeit re playing Man U in the Cup Final! My wife was watching you understand!!!

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I don't mind being "under the radar" on the FLS and suchlike but I do get somewhat annoyed when South East Today have us playing second fiddle to poxy Gillingham.

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
We beat European Champions Chelsea 3-1 and there wasn't a single mention of it on the BBC website !!

Maybe they are pissed off with us as we dared to criticise their radio coverage areas and the redesign of their website.

I think it's not just the media but the bookies as well. In any case, I'm also happy to stay under the radar, and I'm sure Tony Bloom wants it that way as well.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
We beat European Champions Chelsea 3-1 and there wasn't a single mention of it on the BBC website !!

Maybe they are pissed off with us as we dared to criticise their radio coverage areas and the redesign of their website.

I think it's not just the media but the bookies as well. In any case, I'm also happy to stay under the radar, and I'm sure Tony Bloom wants it that way as well.

The BBC has an absolutely hopeless obsession with the Premier League and the Champions League. Even my newspaper of choice (the Grauniad) had ABSOLUTELY ZERO mention of anything bar the Premier League in Saturday's paper. I don't think we deserve huge coverage yet, but there's some interesting stuff in the Football League, which the mainstream media just completely ignore.

Sainsburys3tescos1

Jul 18, 2012
For your great style of football?

On top of that 25k average and top of the league.

Because the league programme is 46 games not 8'
Your setting yourselves up for a big fail against us (again) and for promotion if the Weed are their at Xmas then they will have a decent chance of promotion, but that will be all it is a chance.
Still once Poyet goes which he will soon, once AVB gets the gooner.Poyet will be off and the glue holding the plastic together will soon erode and fall apart.
But congrats on being the best team after 8 matches.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Your setting yourselves up for a big fail against us (again) and for promotion if the Weed are their at Xmas then they will have a decent chance of promotion, but that will be all it is a chance.
Still once Poyet goes which he will soon, once AVB gets the gooner.Poyet will be off and the glue holding the plastic together will soon erode and fall apart.

Funnily enough it was a Swansea fan not a Brighton fan who started this thread so it is hardly us getting carried away. Also, considering the reaction from some of your fans to beating Cardiff with two penalties, I find your comments amusing. Nobody is saying we are going to walk this league and you might beat us. In derby games form goes out of the window. Having said that, I am confident we will finish above you at the end of the season (as we did comfortably last year despite only getting 1 point from the 2 games against you).

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

Also, I find it ironic that you think of Palace as Sainsburys. I realise the hilarious Tesco bit but I would say you are more Iceland or Lidl than Sainsburys.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Although this poster is naturally cerebrally impaired as the result (or perhaps cause of?) his footballing loyalties, I nonetheless can't help feeling he's mostly correct.

It's all getting a bit tedious this "why don't we get more coverage" rubbish. The show has 72 teams to feature, and while I accept to feeling frustrated myself on occasions that they do seem to have pet teams that feature week after week- inevitably the ex PL teams like Newcastle, West Ham, and if all else fails, Leeds- we do no better or worse than any other Championship club. I bet the producers of the FL Show get thousands of tweets after every programme from fans of EVERY club, all saying "why don't you feature us more?".

We've achieved nothing, it's a great start but no more, and plenty of teams throughout history have started well but faded away. Let's just keep plugging away, under the radar if need be, and see where it takes us. Frankly, at this early stage, I'm more than happy to be unfancied, as once you get to the top, you're there to be shot at, and everybody tries just that little bit harder to beat you.

Sainsburys3tescos1

Jul 18, 2012
Although this poster is naturally cerebrally impaired as the result (or perhaps cause of?) his footballing loyalties, I nonetheless can't help feeling he's mostly correct.

It's all getting a bit tedious this "why don't we get more coverage" rubbish. The show has 72 teams to feature, and while I accept to feeling frustrated myself on occasions that they do seem to have pet teams that feature week after week- inevitably the ex PL teams like Newcastle, West Ham, and if all else fails, Leeds- we do no better or worse than any other Championship club. I bet the producers of the FL Show get thousands of tweets after every programme from fans of EVERY club, all saying "why don't you feature us more?".

We've achieved nothing, it's a great start but no more, and plenty of teams throughout history have started well but faded away. Let's just keep plugging away, under the radar if need be, and see where it takes us. Frankly, at this early stage, I'm more than happy to be unfancied, as once you get to the top, you're there to be shot at, and everybody tries just that little bit harder to beat you.

Speaking to a couple of Millwall (bitter/twisted) lads on the train, did say amongst other things you lot were the best team at the Den all season and Millwall were outplayed until the last 20 mins when they might of nicked an undeserved point just through hard graft.

saslowi

Feb 2, 2009
Beginning of last season we were a bit of a story because of our new stadium. "Rising from the ashes" and all that stuff.

That was last year's news. The media has moved on looking for new stories. Be nice if we can provide one at the end of this season. Until then I will be quite happy to be the club that others say "we should be beating teams like that" after relieving them of three points.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here