Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why arent you getting the recognition you deserve?

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
For your great style of football?

On top of that 25k average and top of the league.

We are Brighton, no one likes us, we don't care :)

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Cheers Brian. I'm guessing that it's mainly because we have spent two decades nudging along in the bottom divisions and the media are slow to wake up to the fact that it is a new ball game down here now. Wasn't it a similar story with Swansea? I seem to remember the collective media only truly fell head over heels with Swansea once they got promoted to the Premier League. Perhaps I'm wrong though.

You've got to love Swansea right now. The template for the way most clubs want to be and one I am glad we are having a damn good go at following.

D

Deleted User X18H

We are recognised. You should go to Hove. They're all over us out there.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
We can't have liitle ol' Brighton grabbing all the headlines, now can we.

Quite happy for us to just keep under the radar.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Recognition from where though? The media are far too busy sucking up to the Premiership as those stories sell papers to armchair fans.

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
I think it's a combination of the fact that hardly any pundits were talking about us before the start of the season (so we're making them look a bit stupid), plus the fact that we racked up a lot of early wins last season before falling away (yes, I know we're playing much better now, but I doubt the people we're talking about have been paying close enough attention to realise that)

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Don't care happy for us to fly under as many radar's as possible.

Absolutely this - don't mind if they pick us up after the Easter games if we've got an unassailable lead at the top, otherwise sssssssssssssssssssssssssshhhh!!!

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Absolutely this - don't mind if they pick us up after the Easter games if we've got an unassailable lead at the top, otherwise sssssssssssssssssssssssssshhhh!!!

I noticed yesterday though that the sky sport summaries were mentioning us first.... must have gone against the grain.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
the BBC do not like us
thank you for your comments Brian

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Every now & again a pundit will say, "Gus Poyet is doing a great down there at Brighton" like they're in the know of some secret that's being kept under wraps.
We're used to being merely an afterthought on the TV and we don't really care too much.

Dumseagull

Jun 13, 2012
Lancing
I notice that the BBC "Championship football" page led with a big picture of us, for some reason though, generally, the media hate to mention brighton..... its a mystery...

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
And we got mentioned in Eastenders.

And we're on a Channel Four documentary.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Actually we were mentioned on both Football Weekly and the Football Ramble last week which was nice.

I think people are starting to take notice, it just takes a while. To be honest I don't remember THAT much fanfare over Southampton leading the Championship for most of last season, certainly outside of the local media anyway. We're just not as important as the Premier League, but we will be

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here