Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why are we below Swindon in the table?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If the internet was available to the general public 35 years ago this thread would have been discussing goal percentages , which would have involved using a calculator the size of a packet of cornflakes or rummaging through good old log tables.:lol:

Fazz62

Aug 27, 2008
Best bump this thread up a bit as it nearly fell off the main page

Taybha

Does N's know his way round Leicester, if you know what I mean!! ???
As you mentioned him trying to lead you "astray" mid-weak"

Sorry. Wrong thread!!

Fazz62

Aug 27, 2008
But that is how you spell "astray", you dip stick!

N's

Off topic, but I am due to be be posted on a course for a few days next month in Leicester.

Are there any swingers clubs or "doging" spots you might be able to recomend in the Leicester/Mansfiled area!! ???

Swindon's goal record (F 39 A 47) gives them a goal average of 0.83. The Albion's goal record (F 31 A 39) gives us a goal average of 0.79. So they would have been above us in the old days, no question.

If we had scored one more goal, that would put us above them (on goal difference) today, but we would still only have a goal average of 0.82 - meaning that, in the old days, we would still be behind them.

Remember how we avoided relegation into the Conference? Only because the Football League were experimenting with goals scored as the way to rank teams with an equal number of points. Hereford had a goal difference of -15, compared with our -17. Hereford's goal average was 0.77; ours was 0.76. We chose a lucky year to be crap.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
It's because they have shored MORE goals than us that they are above us, simple as that. That's the method used when two teams have the same goal difference.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I hope we havnt upset him id hate to think i was in some way responsible for pointing out certain frailties in the poster of this thread! :D

Fazz62

Aug 27, 2008
I hope we havnt upset him id hate to think i was in some way responsible for pointing out certain frailties in the poster of this thread! :D

Taybha

N's will be fine!!

I'm due to be going on a course in the Midlands next month. So was going to suggest that I meet up with him for a couple of milds. And between you and me, secretly hoping that he might invite me around to his plaice for a cuppa!!

Remember how we avoided relegation into the Conference? Only because the Football League were experimenting with goals scored as the way to rank teams with an equal number of points. Hereford had a goal difference of -15, compared with our -17. Hereford's goal average was 0.77; ours was 0.76. We chose a lucky year to be crap.

I log on for the first time in two days and find this thread up near the top again - I think I've got a stalker!
As it is already there, I'll take this opportunity to reply to this post. I realised all this at the time, but I've never seen it repeated until now. Perhaps the fact that we knew that a single point would be enough a week before the match has misted many people's memories. The truth is, only using "goals for" was grossly unfair, and it meant a 0-6 reverse had no worse consequences than a 0-1.defeat. As for avoiding relegation to the Conference, we would have done that had we lost; has everyone forgotten that the GMVC had already declared we would not be admitted on the grounds of groundlessness?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here