Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why are we a nation of bad parents?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Timbo said:
'a nation of bad parents'??

Just because you watch some shite on TV about parents who happen to be so bad they've made a programme about them! Just like we're all gay and all Southend supporters drive Capri's.

Thats one f***ing great big brush you've got.

But, 5% of our parents are bad, a la chl4 sensationalism, wouldn't get the same effect, would it?

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Man of Harveys said:
Try telling people to bring up their children with no sense of social awareness, even saying to them that there is "no such thing as society", that behaving considerately and being aware of others is nothing like as important as feathering your own nest by any means you can - then, years later, stand back in amazement when the same people have no idea how to bring up their children responsibly and there's a rash of anti-social selfish behaviour. It's cause and effect.

wise words.

Children are brought up by the village. Not just the parents.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
s.stubbs said:
.All kids need two parents

My dad died 21 years ago today. 4 of us were raised by my mum alone. These days, of course, i am a liar, a hidden beater, a booze-brewer and downer of others pains, a mysanthropic janitor with acidic mop in his bucket of yeast, a childish lovermaker and a stuffer of owls. My older brother steals cars and drives himself into rivers. The younger is now married to my dad. My sister's just a thick slag who fucks dumbness for cash and things that feel like diamonds.

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
Meade's_Ball said:
My dad died 21 years ago today. 4 of us were raised by my mum alone. These days, of course, i am a liar, a hidden beater, a booze-brewer and downer of others pains, a mysanthropic janitor with acidic mop in his bucket of yeast, a childish lovermaker and a stuffer of owls. My older brother steals cars and drives himself into rivers. The younger is now married to my dad. My sister's just a thick slag who fucks dumbness for cash and things that feel like diamonds.

Just so long as you're alright, Jack.

simon swagbag

Jul 8, 2003
Eastbourne
Meade's_Ball said:
That is the best post I've read on here for months.
Bravo to you, Meade's Ball, excellently composed.:clap:

tedebear said:
Odd opinion..

Have you got kids?
No,
We can't afford to have kids at the moment,plus I'm to busy working my bollox off, paying for the cod eyed,pidgeon chested chav clones and their Vicky Pollard girlfriends to produce princess Tonys army of dependant voters,haven't got time for a shit at the mo,let alone bring up kids.

I just watched a prog about this lad named Mike 'Mini' Cooper, who started a fire as a ten-year old. Likeable lad, obviously a bit troubled at home, but got taken away to be institutionalised for years - which his parents basically approved. All wrong, and the kid's whole life was affected by something loads of us probably did once or twice.

Still you can't control the way kids are raised by parents and they are often victims of their own upbringings too.

Humans are all screwed up, really, when you think about it.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
There's too many so called experts telling us how to bring up our kids these days! I've allways given my kids love & support, And tried to teach them to respect rules and be honest and hard working. I'll find out when they become adults if I got it right or not.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here