Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why are they so rude?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Icy Gull said:
Manners are taught from when you are a baby, or not as seems to be the case these days. Blame the parents or even better Maggie Thatcher which seems to be the easiest way???

I always thought Margeret Thatcher was a very polite woman.

Nasty, vindicative, cold , calculating and dispassionate but always polite with it.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Nibble said:
People I mean. Nearly every client that has come into the building today has been rude and ignorant, thinking they are some VIP, either ignoring me totally or just being outright rude. Is it me or are a lot of people twats?

Try using the underground during rush hour. Rudeness a-go-go. One of these days I m going to get a right smack in the chops though because I keep muttering obscenities at people that barge in front of me or push through the barriers in front of me. A rather large bloke heard me the other day and spun round with a vicious look in his eyes, but he had to run for his train. Phew:lolol:

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
At school at the moment, and one of the teachers has just decided that due to the change in headship (and a Gestapo type atmosphere) that she is going to leave. She told the headteacher, who responded

"Don't forget that whatever you tell other people will get back to me, and it's not the formal reference that counts, it what happens when I pick up the phone and talk to people. I am well connected, and if there is a big metaphorical X on your forehead, you won't get a job around here."

There seems to be a problem with headteachers mistaking "dynamic leadership" for "bullying" at the moment. I am used to backstabbing, not "open frontstabbing"! Even the union are not interested because it's one word against another.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Re: Re: Why are they so rude?

pasty said:
Try using the underground during rush hour. Rudeness a-go-go. One of these days I m going to get a right smack in the chops though because I keep muttering obscenities at people that barge in front of me or push through the barriers in front of me. A rather large bloke heard me the other day and spun round with a vicious look in his eyes, but he had to run for his train. Phew:lolol:

Yes, I do not use the underground on a regular basis but going up to London a few months ago I noticed the rudeness, but more than that I noticed once on the platform at 8.30am, despite the whole platform being extremely busy, complete silence. No-one was speaking to each other. Very strange.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
People in London are much ruder.
I probably bored people with this thought a coupla years ago, but whenever you walk past an underground station opening your face is pelted and showered with a gust of wind, each time a holistic gathering of sighs and grunts given by a collection of inexpressives and the emotionally inept.

If i am on a tube journey i despised, i store a small anal bubble to burst as the doors are about to close and i leap for safety and a kindly world of air and space. I want to stop and look as someone feels ill at what i've just let loose, sending a piercing stare at the man i disliked most in the carriage, the big guy with 3 suitcases and 'success' written on his tie.
Knowing my luck, though, i'd just send a disabled woman into a seizure state, or make three children with guide-dogs cry as their canine directors bark irately and try to answer my campaign with a poopy action of their own. And as this happens, the bloke i hate is smiling at the despair of others. Damn.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Nibble said:
Didn't say I didn't have a thick skin, worked in security/door work for years so a bit of shit doesn't bother me, just rudeness is exceptional at the moment.

The whimsical door policy (and the fact a fair proportion of them aren't the sharpest tools) of some door/security staff doesn't help put people in a good mood!

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
During student days in Birmingham, I was a keen and eager "Euro 96 Volunteer" at Villa Park for, er, Euro 96 matches - mainly running errands in the Media Centre, where Alan Green was by far the rudest visitor, launching petty tirades at whimpering reception staff that did indeed culminate in those magical words "Don't you know who I am?"

Was never a fan of his radio commentary and punditry anyway - does the man actually LIKE football at all? - but liked him even less after that.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
e77 said:
The whimsical door policy (and the fact a fair proportion of them aren't the sharpest tools) of some door/security staff doesn't help put people in a good mood!

Anyway, I meant more the people that you meet day to day, I was only using that as an example to say that I'm quite tolerant of rudeness...Until now!!!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here