Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why are there still Wrexham Tickets available ?

Loads of factors I suspect. Combination of the "pre Christmas factor", No pay at the gate, the Attractiveness of the opposition, and more worryingly, general apathy amongst the floating support. The first season at Withdean, we had the novelty of the Albion being back home. The following two seasons were the roller coaster ride of promotion. Last season we were in Div. one, playing attractive opposition most weeks with large away followings. This season? Despite ranging from mediocre to poor, we're still forth in the table. God help us if we were down the bottom! Conclusion?.....Bar the hard core, we have a large fickle floating support that will only turn up when we're wiping the floor with the opposition every week. Ah...."but every club have supporters like that" I hear you say.

Most other clubs floating support in this division, don't pay £22 in advance, then sit in a stand with no roof and a shit view, getting soaked, (As we will no doubt do on Saturday:( ) Sad but true. We all know about the Withdean restrictions. Over the years, some have been eased. Maybe the club could push the council to make the sale of tickets easier to those who might wish to go to a game at the last minute?

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Its a fact most people can't be arsed to go through the applying lark.
Other reasons!

lots of rain:lolol:
christmas:lolol:
meet-up saturday night and i want to have a great drink:lolol:
high prices:lol:

And many more and yes it happens:clap:

Nov 3, 2003
no surprise to me wot with the overpriced ticket charges, xmas coming and the sh1te football magoo delivers us is it no wonder the decline continues and people just wont pay to watch the kina rubbish they are no acustomed to. All the time silent continues to plough money into Falmer and at the expense of the playing side NOW the decline will simply comtinue

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
I think its a case that most people that aren't season ticket holders pick games that they want to see, my mate picks one a month and he's one for november was bristol city, as he thought that would be the best game of the month as he can't afford to go every week. Also as i'm not a season ticket holder but do apply for every game, due to the christmas post i have had to apply for 3 games in quick sugssesion, that might have put poeple off and they might have just applyied for wycombe as boxing day games are great.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
why dont they just sell bloody tickets at that club shop van? say a max of 300 it would be so much easier. or you can phone up club shop and order one and pick it up at the ground

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
mona said:
Answer = There is less interest in football now.
Proof = The majority of threads on this site have nothing to do with football.

Probably the most accuate post on here all day.

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
kinkygerbil said:
or you can phone up club shop and order one and pick it up at the ground

i think you can do that, that's why there is always a que at that hut when you first get to the ground, but am not totally sure.

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
kinkygerbil said:
or you can phone up club shop and order one and pick it up at the ground

i think you can do that, that's why there is always a que at that hut when you first get to the ground, but am not totally sure.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Yes, and if you check the official cllub site you can now buy Wrexham tickets online.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I'd love to go Saturday and for me it's nothing to do with being fickle or a fear of getting rained on but more to do with limited disposable income.

At present I have poll tax due, water bill, gas bill and electricity bill plus christmas less than 4 weeks away and I've just had my last pay cheque this year.

To get to a home game I have to buy (a) a ticket £22;
(b) petrol £40 (c) something to eat and drink etc £10. That's the best part of £80 to watch a home game and at the moment I just can't afford it. Wish I could, but I can't. :(

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Whether there are any tickets left or not is a matter of debate. One thing that isn't, however, is the fact that most of us are going to get drenched to the skin on Saturday. I just hope that it proves to be worth it and that we pick up 3 points. I hate to think how I might feel if I get a soaking and we lose.

Supporting Brighton is a very expensive business but most of us, I am sure, put up with the pain and cost because we love the club and are praying for good times in the future. Let's just hope that we're not disappointed and that our loyalty is eventually rewarded.

Here's to a great Saturday..rain or not.

:drink: :drink:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here