Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why are there so many chavs at Albion

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
older chavs too that can't hold there beer and get more enjoyment having a pop at each other than supporting the team

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Dougal said:
older chavs too that can't hold there beer and get more enjoyment having a pop at each other than supporting the team

Sheffield United per chance ???

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
absolute scum there always one bloke and his mates i hav ethe misfortune of seeing - got collared on the tube once - i've never worn colours since - scruffy straggly ginger haired type probably mid thirties - normally half cut. Just because i support Brighton like you does not mean i want to spend any time at all in your company now kindly piss off.

At Watford a couple of years back the Albion stand was full of the wankers rushing down the terrace to try and "have a go" at the ref - minute the police moved over it was a token effort.

Another prob with seating you tend to get lumbered near them aswell if your not careful.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Goring Gull said:
away games, - the away end is always teeming with the chavvy scummers.

you missed out "drunk".

Dandyman

In London village.
Re: Re: Why are there so many chavs at Albion

Icy Gull said:
you missed out "drunk".

Good god, you mean people consume alcoholic beverages on away days ? They'll be singing songs and not painting their faces next.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
tinx said:
Yes, What is a "chav"?

Until the expression Chav came along i just used to refer to them as Scum, Hard to define but you'd spot them a mile off trust me.

Loud , drunk, swearing all the time normally not that much intrest in teh game itself. Abusing others in the crowd.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Re: Re: Why are there so many chavs at Albion

Billy the Fish said:
As opposed to all those well-to-do types who post on internet message boards. If you don't like it go and watch rugby.

I don't expect everyone to be quiet and sit down but you have to admit there are some right tossers.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Goring Gull said:
Until the expression Chav came along i just used to refer to them as Scum, Hard to define but you'd spot them a mile off trust me.

Loud , drunk, swearing all the time normally not that much intrest in teh game itself. Abusing others in the crowd.

So 'tossers' then.

I have a big problem with the word 'chav'. Nobody actuallyreally knows what it means and it's become a word used to describe all manner of people. Does a chav have to be a wanker by definition or are they identified by the way they dress? Pigeon-holing is dangerous.

Just ask the pikies.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Re: Re: Re: Why are there so many chavs at Albion

Dandyman said:
Good god, you mean people consume alcoholic beverages on away days ? They'll be singing songs and not painting their faces next.

They will stop going on the organised trips and start getting the trains, it will be the end of society as we know it. For the love of god people, think of the children.

Gay thread by the way.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Re: Re: Re: Why are there so many chavs at Albion

Dandyman said:
Good god, you mean people consume alcoholic beverages on away days ?

No I mean they can't take their drink and abuse their own team and will fight with each other if they can't get at the opposition, all good fun though.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Common as Mook said:
I always thought it was a Police term. Stood for Council House And Violent.

I heard that as well, agree with CTS though that word really pisses me off, doesnt offer any description of anyone just a really vague term that can be used to describe anyone wearing nike trainers is the conclusion ive come to! ???

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
@ Reading last year, myself & Mrs Stat Bro had the misfortune of standing next to a bunch of burberry clad strokers, in their thirties.
They spent the whole game gesturing & swearing @ the away fans.
What made this an even more pointless excercise was we sat/stood @ the back of the stand, in the middle behind the goal.
We couldn't have been further away from there fans if we tried.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here