Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why are some football fans so angry?!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Shouting at football is a brilliantly fun way to vent frustrations. However, when it comes down to pure hatred for someone because of the team they support or play for, I just can't understand it. There must be nothing else positive in your life if the results of your football team and its rival are what define your happiness.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I love a good shout up at the football. don't mind the industrial language either as long as your not in the wrong part of the stadium. But I know what the OP is on about. To me they look almost like parodies of football fans. Way OTT. Occasionally you get them in pubs too. Screaming abuse at a telly screen. Daft.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Shouting at football is a brilliantly fun way to vent frustrations. However, when it comes down to pure hatred for someone because of the team they support or play for, I just can't understand it. There must be nothing else positive in your life if the results of your football team and its rival are what define your happiness.

This.

Shouting and swearing is all part of it, but hatred and abuse towards opponents isn't just a case of relieving a weeks tensions .... it reveals a hateful little character inside.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I come across on here as an angry person. When I'm at the football I stand in the north calling the referee a *****, the linesman a *****, every opposition player a ***** and the away manager a *****. Their fans are ****** and that is what football is to me. Let my emotions out, forget the daily grind and f***ing let someone have it. When the game is over I shake my neighbours hands, maybe pat them on the head and wish them well, that's football! The emotion and the passion gets the better of everyone, and long may it continue! It's why we go!

Edited by Mod

Tsk they can't resist can they ? superbez is outed as Adam El Abd.

Titus

Come on!
Feb 21, 2010
Up here on the left.
It's like when you see a player score a great goal and the opposition fans give him V signs and abuse. I've never understood that. If a team score a great goal against the Albion I have been known to clap and say "Good Goal".

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
The reason why no other sport comes close

It's the reason why football fans are a long way behind the behaviour, class, attitude, intelligence and maturity of cricket and rugby fans.

I think people are mistaking 'passion' with acting like a complete bell end.

40 year old men acting like arse holes in front of there children shouting abuse at someone purely because they play for the opposition.

It's embarrassing watching a man face contorted with hatred as the referee gives a throw in on the halfway line the wrong way.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Because you have paid your entrance money you are entitled to shout the vilest abuse at players,officials,managers and opposition fans and indeed, even your own fans..only football allows you to do this.

If you went to see the opera and started abusing the performers how long do you think you would last ? But, because it is football it seems exempt from all normal standards of behaviour.
You have a point, but at the end of the day it's NOT opera. Or tennis. Or Rugby. I agree that some of it is completely OTT but still, shouting out that the referee a useless blind biased twat when he's just sent off your star player for retaliation but missed the blatant foul that led to it is for me an essential part of the football experience. However yes, I wouldn't yell the same abuse at a conductor at the symphony if he failed to bring the violins in on time.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It's the reason why football fans are a long way behind the behaviour, class, attitude, intelligence and maturity of cricket and rugby fans.

40 year old men acting like arse holes in front of there children shouting abuse at someone purely because they play for the opposition.

It's embarrassing watching a man face contorted with hatred as the referee gives a throw in on the halfway line the wrong way.

I was at Woodside road for a game once and as the game kicked off a bloke near me was shouting dogs abuse of the foulest kind all C and F words at the opposition goalie before the ball hed even come down this end. There were lots of parents with juniors lstening with acute embarrasment. Two of the bigger locals sidled through the crowd and told him to shut up or they would get him ejected,but, if he tried shouting that language out in Montague Street on a saturday afternoon he would be arrested.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

Sometimes but you dont get the passion in cricket and rugby , occasionally for a very high profile game at a high profile moment ie last hour of an ashes test or a grand slam decider the singing is load but different type of passion . It doesnt seem to matter as much

Yes alot of nobs associated with football but the tension in the air before a ball is even kicked is nothing that can be felt in other sports . The tribal factor sets it apart. Long may it continue despite the powers that be trying to change it to a theartre environment

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here