Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why are some football fans so angry?!

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Watching the WBA v Villa game and one of the Villa kids went to take a throw in when two WBA fans behing him were caught on camera just bellowing abuse at the guy for no reason at all with real hatred on their face. I see this in a lot of games both on TV and at the games and really struggle to understand why these fans get so angry? What is wrong with them?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Watching the WBA v Villa game and one of the Villa kids went to take a throw in when two WBA fans behing him were caught on camera just bellowing abuse at the guy for no reason at all with real hatred on their face. I see this in a lot of games both on TV and at the games and really struggle to understand why these fans get so angry? What is wrong with them?

Tribal innit, and a derby game to boot.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

You think they're bad? You should have heard the bloke next to the Radio Sussex microphone when we played Burnley away!

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Pan to the same kids when they score, and there would be joy and ecstacy on their faces instead.

All kinds of emotions happen to fans during football games, it's why we go, innit.

I understand passion at football, I think I'm as passionate as any fan at a game but I channel that into supporting Brighton. I just don't understand why grown men feel the need to scream hatred abuse at players for no reason other than the fact they play for another team.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Pan to the same kids when they score, and there would be joy and ecstacy on their faces instead.

All kinds of emotions happen to fans during football games, it's why we go, innit.

100% the right answer ( another pointless thread I opened and got sucked into)

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
I understand passion at football, I think I'm as passionate as any fan at a game but I channel that into supporting Brighton. I just don't understand why grown men feel the need to scream hatred abuse at players for no reason other than the fact they play for another team.

Glenn Murray :facepalm:

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
100% the right answer ( another pointless thread I opened and got sucked into)

I do apologise. I will ask your opinion next time on whether the subject I start a thread on is worthwhile enough for you.

A lot of fans use passion as an excuse to act like a complete moron at a football match. There is no need for these men, they're not kids, to act like complete neanderthal's.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Human nature. And some of us are idiots.

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
You think they're bad? You should have heard the bloke next to the Radio Sussex microphone when we played Burnley away!

That was hilarious, just a stream of foul mouthed bitterness.

I think a lot of people go to the footy to vent off steam. A couple of years back I went to watch my local team Brann play and sat a couple of seats away from this lad in his early 20's. Despite us being in the quiet family stand and the game being as tepid and slow as they come, every time a pass was misplaced he'd jumped up and smash his flip up seat back repeatedly and shout the vilest things imaginable towards the players. It was so over the top for the occasion, he must of been venting a shitty day/week/life.

repomanse25

Jan 17, 2009
hove
must admit i did hurl abuse at dunk when he left the field at sehurst and thought later that was a bit angry

danish seagull

Apr 16, 2012
København
I guess some of us are just more likely to spout out a tirade of abuse towards the opposition or officials.

I for one do occasionally have a bad case of potty mouth, but now that I'm knocking on thirty I do try to keep this in check. Twatty officials and last minute goals for the opposition do seem to bring out the worst in me though...

danish seagull

Apr 16, 2012
København
must admit i did hurl abuse at dunk when he left the field at sehurst and thought later that was a bit angry

Only opposition players/fans/staff and the officials tend to get a ear bending from me if they deserve it, never a Brighton player. Only time I came close and just sat down with head in hands instead was when Barnes missed a pen at home and then the follow up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here