Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why are Brighton so precious about gay chants?

Mohammed Al Fayed

Jul 30, 2011
London
Bearing in mind you sang about burning down towns at Palace, and have sang about town full of bombers at QPR in the past?

Fans in glass houses...shouldnt throw stones!

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Bearing in mind you sang about burning down towns at Palace, and have sang about town full of bombers at QPR in the past?

I think homophobia is completely different then taking the piss out of people for ruining their own hometown.

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
Not precious about the usual banter chants the games, but travelling to and from games on the train with lots of children around listening to away fans graphically describe sexual practices is quite frankly sick. You get the mob mentality who will chant in groups but wouldn't dare say it on their own. If you have children you may understand.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean

It was Luton not QPR! Not that it makes much of a difference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

goodoldsussexbythesea

North Stand STH
Sep 2, 2011
Westdene
I don't care about "we can see you holding hands" etc, but shouting at a train station something like "you queer c*nts" just isn't needed, especially when there's children about

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think homophobia is completely different then taking the piss out of people for ruining their own hometown.
Exactly. The people who burnt their town down were stupid criminals. Homosexuality is not a crime, so hardly the same.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003

Ever hear about the silent majority? A few Brighton fans cry about gay chants, a few sing a town full of bombers.Most wish both groups would f*** right off.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
So more a problem with the transport system then?

I don't object to "we can see you holding hands". It's tedious but that's all.

I object when a pissed up Millwall fan confronts a father on his way out of the family stand with his six year old son, and demands to know if he's "going to be sharing the boy around his mates later". I object when aggressive Swindon fans walk five yards behind a Dad and two young sons, whispering "AIDS AIDS AIDS".

Still carry on your little fishing trip, and reach your own conclusion that we are just overly sensitive little flowers.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Not precious but no bloke wants to be called Gay do they. Almost anything is better than that as conjurs up images of nancy men , unable to stand up for themselves and just being soft, eccentric and attention seeking. Within particularly the football environment real men rule

Just saying the reality of it.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
I'm gay for Poyet!

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I don't object to "we can see you holding hands". It's tedious but that's all.

I object when a pissed up Millwall fan confronts a father on his way out of the family stand with his six year old son, and demands to know if he's "going to be sharing the boy around his mates later". I object when aggressive Swindon fans walk five yards behind a Dad and two young sons, whispering "AIDS AIDS AIDS".

Still carry on your little fishing trip, and reach your own conclusion that we are just overly sensitive little flowers.

And that is all you need to understand.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here