Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why are all the snickers the only flavour left in the celebrations?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
someone told me the other day that they're getting rid of the galaxy truffle and the malteser ones.

they'll be WELL rubbish if they do that.

I'm sure I read something about that the other day. Apparently they are more expensive to make so they're being taken out because of the credit crunch(ie).

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Personally speaking, it's cos Snickers are the chocs most likely to rip your NHS lead-based fillings free from their shoddy moorings :down:

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Snickers are my favorite.Bounty are left in our house.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
On the BUTTON as always Easy.

How do you stand on the great 'Honey Roast' debate?

My feeling is that Honey Roasting is only really workable in a Cashew scenario, thereby producing one of life's great PLEASURES, in the form of (in particular), the M&S Honey Roast Cashew .

A honeyroast GLAZE is indeed a treat to behold, on cashew nuts in particular.
I find one must be careful not to totally PIG OUT on them though, as they can get a little bit sickly after a few. Self discipline is the key.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Nope not having that at all. A mixed bag of chocolate covered peanuts and raisins from that little sweet shop at the bottom of Victoria Park is a magical childhood memory.

Vile. Have sweet OR savoury by all means, but not BOTH. And the introduction of FRUIT into the chocolatey equation is almost perverse.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I also find chocolate tastes best with a glass of ice cold milk. If I'm sat there on a chocolate pig-out, I'll be physically unable to sit there and NOT leap up and get myself a glass of milk.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I find one must be careful not to totally PIG OUT on them though, as they can get a little bit sickly after a few. Self discipline is the key.

I think you'll find that you can never recreate the feeling of eating too many honey roasted cashews... there truly is no feeling on earth like it.

Am I right or am I right eh?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You're certainly not wrong.
"Queasy" is the word closest associated, I think.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall

Wise words.

Regrettably, self-discipline is not too in evidence when Honey-Roast cashews are concerned.

At Christmas they sell them in great big TINS, adding to my MISERY

The early-morning SHIT after a tin of those BEAUTIES is like attending the AGM of the Hedge End PEBBLE-DASHERS Society.

The best policy is not to BUY them.

:thumbsup:

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Easy 10 is right.

The only chocolate worth eating is dark 70% pure.

Peanuts belong on bars with Crisps and those funny little cucumber thingies that McDonalds have but slice up to stop midget gays doing obscene things in their "resteraunts".

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Not a big fan of chocolate, like the odd bit. Not a chocolate snob, but either like something small from a Roses tin or very very good quality chocolate - which I can enjoy like nice coffee or a fine cigar.

What I really really hate is Mars Bars, they are absolutely rank. In honestly you might as well out a turd in your mouth.

I'd rather fill my mouth with Bombay mix than a bounty.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
Love peanuts, savoury or covered in chocolate. At our work the snickers are always left behind, for me to hoover up.

Peanut M&Ms are great as are Reese's peanut butter cups. But best of all - Goober grape - peanut butter and grape jelly! What's not to like?

Actually I even find the combination of salted peanuts and raisins a success.

I guess it's a fetish.

36 posts and still on
product-5784461.jpg

Last edited:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Vile. Have sweet OR savoury by all means, but not BOTH. And the introduction of FRUIT into the chocolatey equation is almost perverse.

Easy, where do you stand on the big "mature cheddar cheese on digestives" debate?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Also, never EVER mix chocolates.

If I've just eaten a Galaxy and someone offers me a slab of Yorkie, you'd have to force me to eat it. It just doesn't work in the old mouthbox.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here