Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who's the best manager Brighton have ever had?

Best ever Brighton manager

• Total voters

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I can go for that, although I went for none because none of them have won anything when managing the Albion. Seems perfectly logical to me, but there is a reason for that.

Every time this thread pops up I shake my head sadly. I see from the replies that @Zeberdi has also had issues with it. Fancy that :lolol: And best wishes, Zeb. I'm still not ready to re-engage. I hope you can forgive me. :thumbsup:

OK, I'll play. For getting us a promotion to tier 2 (a dizzy height for us historically, at the time) and keeping us up with a tiny rented stadium and not a pot to piss in, according to someone I put on ignore years ago, the Morris Dancing wum, thanks to 'Dick Tight' (context is key, as Mrs T always tells me), step forward, drinking pints of whiskey, Mark McWhoHe?!

Sadly I already voted for our longest serving manager.

The frightening thing is there are only 5 on the list I didn't see us play under. Can that be bettered? Calling @The Oldman @GT49er
The first time I saw the Albion was in Archie Macauley's time (though we mostly hardly knew the name of the manager in those days, let alone discuss their strengths and weaknesses on line!) so like you I never saw us under the first five on the list. Due to the peripatetic nature of my life since that 0-0 draw in the FA Cup at Aldershot in 1967, I can't honestly say I have watched us under all the subsequent managers either, so no, I can't claim to have bettered your record. Far from it, in fact. I am strictly a POTG man (and I don't want a smart phone!) - draw your own conclusions from that if you will

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The first time I saw the Albion was in Archie Macauley's time (though we mostly hardly knew the name of the manager in those days, let alone discuss their strengths and weaknesses on line!) so like you I never saw us under the first five on the list. Due to the peripatetic nature of my life since that 0-0 draw in the FA Cup at Aldershot in 1967, I can't honestly say I have watched us under all the subsequent managers either, so no, I can't claim to have bettered your record. Far from it, in fact. I am strictly a POTG man (and I don't want a smart phone!) - draw your own conclusions from that if you will
If you fancy a game, join my FAF. My son often can't attend. It would be a pleasure :thumbsup: PM me.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
I can go for that, although I went for none because none of them have won anything when managing the Albion. Seems perfectly logical to me, but there is a reason for that.

Every time this thread pops up I shake my head sadly. I see from the replies that @Zeberdi has also had issues with it. Fancy that :lolol: And best wishes, Zeb. I'm still not ready to re-engage. I hope you can forgive me. :thumbsup:

OK, I'll play. For getting us a promotion to tier 2 (a dizzy height for us historically, at the time) and keeping us up with a tiny rented stadium and not a pot to piss in, according to someone I put on ignore years ago, the Morris Dancing wum, thanks to 'Dick Tight' (context is key, as Mrs T always tells me), step forward, drinking pints of whiskey, Mark McWhoHe?!

Sadly I already voted for our longest serving manager.

The frightening thing is there are only 5 on the list I didn't see us play under. Can that be bettered? Calling @The Oldman @GT49er
Three on the list I did not see. Started with Billy Lane who lived 3 doors away from me in Amberley Drive, Hove.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here