Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who's still got snow? (UK posters only)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Most of it had melted away but its now starting to lay again.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Arrived here in north Essex / Cambridgeshire borders on Saturday evening, and hasn't really shifted since. It's turned from soft fluffy white stuff to a crisp, crunchy perma-frost, and shows no signs of thawing anytime soon.

Same in BN6 - disappeared from the pavements and roads (no grit!) but still all over the grass and downland

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Still got most of the Garden covered and the bits of the driveway that haven't been in the sun. Suppose that's what i get for living up north

(Well 1/2 mile north west of the theatre of trees)

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
currently snowing in york, which undoubtedly means it is snowing in leeds... its also settling. :nono:

I'd like to think Leeds have undersoil heating...? Or did cuddly Ken remove the copper piping & flog it to save some cash?

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
Boo :( Didn't get anything other than a dusting last Sat eve. It all disappeared by Sun eve. Now just cold and miserable.
Goddammit, I want snow. 6 foot of it and nothing less !

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I feel discriminated against by Bry's UK-only stipulation (and there's no snow here either). *sulks*

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Still got it in West Hoathly, the snow has frozen solid, some did melt today as I believe it was sunny, but forecast is snow from 9pm to 3am tonight! Most roads are clear but I risked a couple of back roads on the way home tonight, which was a mistake as one was a little bit icy!

Leeds have been training on the pitch at Elland road as the training ground not fit, so fingers crossed it will be OK on Saturday! The Albion have also been training at the Amex all week as the Uni pitches still snow covered.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Still a bit of icy snow left on gardens and fields in northants which, after a thaw on Sunday has now held on due to continued sub-zero temps - and its just started snowing again.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Just started snowing again here in Canaryland, and settling enough to re-cover what has barely thawed over the last 2-3 days. The forecast in the BBC 'Look North' area shows temps not getting above freezing before Saturday so I really hope Leeds have that undersoil heating fired up.

Shouldn't be enough to deter a decent turn out from us so called soft shandy drinking Southerners at Elland Road, keen to see those Seagulls continue their recent great form.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Still some isolated pockets here in rural Cheshire, but we have had rain this afternoon which washed away most of it.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I feel discriminated against by Bry's UK-only stipulation (and there's no snow here either). *sulks*

Mods - please amend thread title to: "UK posters only [plus residents of Hanover, USA]" so Man of Harveys and Bill Bryson can contribute.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here