Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who's going to win the southern combination premiere?

Haywards Heath visit Crowborough tonight in the Sussex Senior cup. Should be a decent game. Crowborough had a cash injection over the summer so started the season with a lot of new players who after a good pre season didn't seem to gel when it came down to it. After a bit of a hit and miss start they have started scoring goals for fun (13 in their last two league games). Heath are flying in the county league (or whatever its called now) and also seem to like scoring. Should be a decent game.

Anyone seen Shoreham?

2-0 to Crowborough:eek:

Alfie22

Mar 12, 2008
Shoreham walloped Ringmer 7-0 tonight in the RUR. Been down to Middle Road a few times this season when the Albion have been away. Last few seasons they've been drifting but there's a different attitude and vibe down there now. Goals in the team from Gaskin & the returning Rob O'Toole, pace on the flanks, creativity in the middle with Hand, Pitcher, Pearson & Keehan and solid at the back. Only defeats at Horsham and higher oppo Dorking in the FA Cup (3-4) and I've lost count of the times we've scored in the first 10 minutes. Up the Musselmen!

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
2-0 to Crowborough:eek:

Should have been 3 as well. We had a perfectly good goal disallowed towards the end. Atwood raced past the keeper who clipped him, Atwood stayed on his feet and put the ball into an empty net but the ref had already blown for the foul and sent the keeper off. Crowborough promptly stuck the resulting free kick into the wall.

Couldn't comment on the first half as Southern trains left me sitting on a platform at London Bridge for 30 mins before cancelling my train so I only got there to see the second half. Understand the first half was pretty niggly and not a great game. Crowborough went 1 up after 90 seconds but HH got back into the game but it didn't flow due to the constant fouls. Second half was pretty even to be honest. Ross Trelevan who was on the same train as me so also only arrived at half time came on and was gifted a goal being left unmarked from a corner and headed home probably the easiest goal he'll score this season. The game opened up a bit then HH pushed forward but left themselves exposed at the back so it could have gone either way. They had a goal disallowed for offside right before the end and shortly afterwards the incident I mention above occurred.

The 45 minutes I saw wasn't a classic but by all account was much better than the first. Job done though.

theboybilly

Shoreham walloped Ringmer 7-0 tonight in the RUR. Been down to Middle Road a few times this season when the Albion have been away. Last few seasons they've been drifting but there's a different attitude and vibe down there now. Goals in the team from Gaskin & the returning Rob O'Toole, pace on the flanks, creativity in the middle with Hand, Pitcher, Pearson & Keehan and solid at the back. Only defeats at Horsham and higher oppo Dorking in the FA Cup (3-4) and I've lost count of the times we've scored in the first 10 minutes. Up the Musselmen!

I'm going to be a proper JCL this Saturday as I'm going to pay my first visit to Middle Road since moving to the best town in Sussex in 1999 :thumbsup:
What's the catering like?

Go Musselmen!!

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
HH are on the up currently but that club is still run in a very funny fashion in my opinion.

The Reserve are effectively a different club, which in the long run cant work in my opinion.

A friend of mine scored over 50 goals for HH Reserves last year and was not once called upon to even sit on the bench in a first team game...

Needless to say he has now left and is scoring goals for Hassocks front side...

HH are on the up currently but that club is still run in a very funny fashion in my opinion.

The Reserve are effectively a different club, which in the long run cant work in my opinion.

A friend of mine scored over 50 goals for HH Reserves last year and was not once called upon to even sit on the bench in a first team game...

Are you telling porkies?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

From what I've seen this season so far, the ressies are used by the club to suit the first team. At one recent home game the whole ressies squad were told to turn up an hour before kick off as the manager didn't know how many 'relegated' first teamers were going to turn up. As it happened, 4 who were supposed to simply didn't show, so the poor ressies manager was picking his squad 45 mins before kick off.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
From what I've seen this season so far, the ressies are used by the club to suit the first team. At one recent home game the whole ressies squad were told to turn up an hour before kick off as the manager didn't know how many 'relegated' first teamers were going to turn up. As it happened, 4 who were supposed to simply didn't show, so the poor ressies manager was picking his squad 45 mins before kick off.

No idea whats happening this year, a good friend of mine was the reserve team manager last year has left as far as I know and as I say my other friend there is now playing for Hassocks through lack of opportunity.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Should have been 3 as well. We had a perfectly good goal disallowed towards the end. Atwood raced past the keeper who clipped him, Atwood stayed on his feet and put the ball into an empty net but the ref had already blown for the foul and sent the keeper off. Crowborough promptly stuck the resulting free kick into the wall.

Couldn't comment on the first half as Southern trains left me sitting on a platform at London Bridge for 30 mins before cancelling my train so I only got there to see the second half. Understand the first half was pretty niggly and not a great game. Crowborough went 1 up after 90 seconds but HH got back into the game but it didn't flow due to the constant fouls. Second half was pretty even to be honest. Ross Trelevan who was on the same train as me so also only arrived at half time came on and was gifted a goal being left unmarked from a corner and headed home probably the easiest goal he'll score this season. The game opened up a bit then HH pushed forward but left themselves exposed at the back so it could have gone either way. They had a goal disallowed for offside right before the end and shortly afterwards the incident I mention above occurred.

The 45 minutes I saw wasn't a classic but by all account was much better than the first. Job done though.

Looks like the referee had a mare with both of the late decisions!!

HH disallowed goal

[yt]qfZVTJ7CxHU[/yt]

Shortly followed by disallowed goal for Crowborough and HH red card

[yt]z20VrgFhfDI[/yt]

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Saw Shoreham pre-season looking strong with Keehan,Pearson from Burgess Hill and O'toole from the heath,saw The heath destroy Newhaven with the cheeky chappy Max Miller and Callum Saunders ripping them apart! Seen Eastbourne united who could be the dark horses this season?

Crowborough have Shoreham at home in the RUR cup next Tuesday. Wouldn't surprise me we put out a few of the younger lads for that one. He did in the last round at Seaford.

Also we've got Eastbourne United away in the Vase (full draw here http://www.thefa.com/fa-vase/fixtures) so we'd have seen the best of what the county league has to offer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here