Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who's going to the Olympic footie at Wembley on Sunday?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I feel I need to pull you up on this post.

Firstly, it's football not footie.

Secondly, no of course no one else is going.

Thirdly, no one gives a f*** about your choice of clothing or anyone elses for that matter.

Fourthly etiquette? Stop being a **** would probably be the first thing I'd suggest.

f***ing Olympics are pissing me off already and the f***ing things haven't even started yet! It's daft sports for people who don't like sport!

Well I have tickets for the olympic stadium, the taekwondo and the football and the Chelsea game and I looking forward to all four so :shutup: you misery

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Going up to London on Sunday for this. Travelling by train and starting drinking around Green Park at lunch time. We planning not to come back till Monday a.m- if possible!

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Well I have tickets for the olympic stadium, the taekwondo and the football and the Chelsea game and I looking forward to all four so :shutup: you misery

Ooooohhhh look at me I'm going to the Olympics and a pointless pre season friendly!

Not sure what your point is other you like to "brag" on the internet about what you are doing in your social life?!?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
You go Uruguay and I'll go mine.

Ta-da. I'm seeing GB v Uruguay Wednesday, then PROBABLY one of them again on the Saturday. If it turns out to be UAE, though, I don't really mind. I'll support them instead! (I grew up there).

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
You had to apply for these tickets in a ballot!?!?!?! I assumed it would be rock up and pay on the gate such was the apparent lack of enthusiasm for Olympic soccer. How much did the tickets work out at?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
If the weather is nice, I'm going over to Worthing beach tomorrow and have a picnic. If the mood takes me I might even pop in and say hello to my brother and his family.

Hope that helps.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
You had to apply for these tickets in a ballot!?!?!?! I assumed it would be rock up and pay on the gate such was the apparent lack of enthusiasm for Olympic soccer. How much did the tickets work out at?

Not a ballot no - the GB V Uruguay ones, I simply logged on, chose the match I wanted, and paid for them. Cheap as chips; Myself, wife and two boys - £62.00 in total.

The QF tickets are freebies from work.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Ta-da. I'm seeing GB v Uruguay Wednesday, then PROBABLY one of them again on the Saturday. If it turns out to be UAE, though, I don't really mind. I'll support them instead! (I grew up there).

You didn't strike me as being from the UAE.

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton

Every sport was available to be applied for in the original ballot, its just that some sports there wasn't as much of a demand so could be purchased in a general sale, even now there are 92 different sessions that are still avalible on the website.
I believe all 3 teamGB group games are now soldout, on Sunday im also seeing Senegal v Uruguay tickets were £20 each which i think is pretty fair.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Ooooohhhh look at me I'm going to the Olympics and a pointless pre season friendly!

Not sure what your point is other you like to "brag" on the internet about what you are doing in your social life?!?

Who's bragging, I like sports and the Olympics is the ultimate for most sports, my point was to contradict your "sports for people who don't like sports" argument.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I believe all 3 teamGB group games are now soldout, on Sunday im also seeing Senegal v Uruguay tickets were £20 each which i think is pretty fair.

Just the one game?

Our tickets for Wednesday were also £20, but the session includes TWO matches.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Who's bragging, I like sports and the Olympics is the ultimate for most sports, my point was to contradict your "sports for people who don't like sports" argument.

The ultimate for shit sports/games/past times granted. But who really gives a f***?

The only decent sports in the olympics are the ones that have no right to be there hence why most normal people couldn't give a flying f*** about them. The ones that should be there are f***ing boring. You're going to watch two men/things role about on a mat in their dressing gowns for goodness sake! How is that considered as the ultimate?!?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
The ultimate for shit sports/games/past times granted. But who really gives a f***?

The only decent sports in the olympics are the ones that have no right to be there hence why most normal people couldn't give a flying f*** about them. The ones that should be there are f***ing boring. You're going to watch two men/things role about on a mat in their dressing gowns for goodness sake! How is that considered as the ultimate?!?

I think you are confusing the word ultimate, it is the ultimate event for their sport, winning the gold medal is the ultimate dream for a competitor in that event.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I think you are confusing the word ultimate, it is the ultimate event for their sport, winning the gold medal is the ultimate dream for a competitor in that event.

Well yeah but that is a bit like saying someone who can down a pint the quickest is the ultimate at downing pints or who can do the smelliest fart is the ultimate farter. It still means f*** all in the real world.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here