• John Piercy

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Kerry Mayo

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Any ideas? Watson or Pethick I presume. :down:

Although didn't Piercy score quite a few from the spot for the reserves last season?

I think Piercy might be in the first 11 this year so I've gone for him.

Jul 21, 2003
now thats one thing im glad about a new penalty taker thought Zamora placed too many and messed up too many those got in sometimes very lucky. I voted Carpenter coz he cant belt them and i like to see a penalty taken hard and low slightly to one side of the keeper and believe Carpenter can do this. It amazes me that Watson takes them and i hope he doesnt.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Dunno if newboy Leon takes 'em or the osmond kid, although would like to see Chippy take 'em...but I voted for Leon 'cos I think he'll get the nod

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Got to be Chippy for me. Has the best dead ball strike in the team now that Watto has lost his touch.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
To take the penalties you must be in the team so unless DC goes that rules out Pethick. Also ruled out is Piercey (wont be in the side) that leaves Carpenter and Mayo. I dont think Chippy wants to know as he has had the chance and not rushed up before I would say Mayo.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Plumped for Chippy. Blasting them seems to be the order of the day.

I just hope we don't sign Jermaine Jenas

Eddie the Seagull

Jul 6, 2003
Crowborough
Well McPhee & Knight are 'untested' in taking penalties, so..........?

My gut instinct went for Pethick as he has a thunderous shot on him. However he is equally able to hit row Z as he is to burst the net.

A tough call in my book.

(But Watson? Mayo? Per-Lease! I can't re-call one decent set-piece from Watto last season, I really, really can't after such a good season in 2001/02)

I am sure SC has it in hand.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Watson - Used to take them pretty well.. so what if he lost his nack for free-kicks. They're completly different.

I don't think Chippy has the composure for spot kicks.

Still quite happy with Piercy but I think Pethick would fill the role otherwise.

JEM

Jul 5, 2003
Bevendean
*ahem*

I much preferred the 'null vote' option on polls to the 'view results.' This way meant people would be forced to give give a subjective opinion (or not) before looking and jumping on the bandwagon of the greatest votes. Restore it please!

JEM

Jul 5, 2003
Bevendean
Never mind then. Why don't you show up as an 'active user', Turkey?

Are you in some kinda stealth mode or summat?

jimmy hill's chin

Jul 5, 2003
lets give knight ago with them

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
If he plays then Piercy seems pretty able to take them. Watto used to but stopped as he missed a couple in succesion (Barnet & Brentford? ).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here