Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who's feeling positive about the Albion at the moment?

How do you feel about what's happening at the Albion at the moment

• Fantastic news, the clown is going

Votes: 11 12.9%
  • Cautiously optimistic, moving in the right direction

Votes: 12 14.1%
  • Oh no, we're heading back to the bad old days

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • What's the problem? Strom in a teacup

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Naylor and MM should be lynched for shit stirring at this great club

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Worried

Votes: 28 32.9%
  • Very Worried

Votes: 12 14.1%
  • You have forgotten to include an other scenario

Votes: 8 9.4%

• Total voters

The Large One said:
And you think Dick Knight is going to let that happen? He's no shrinking violet is our Uncle Dick, as well you know.

Of course he is no shrinking violet but I fear, against all his better judgement, that he will be left with no option but to do what is expedient rather than what is right - which is to give way to a noisy bunch of clueless investors in order to stop them further financially imperilling what is already a financially heavily damaged club.

It is not Dick Knight's character I doubt, merely whether he has the means under his control to sort out an out-of-control situation where even relatively small amounts of money can be used to get disproportionate financial influence within the club. That to me is what I fear is currently happening inside the Albion.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
London Irish said:
Any minor investor who is demanding and using a veto over who we have as our manager is effectively running the club - that is the current situation. You can stay as relaxed as you want about that but I think it's a sad state of affairs, a real case of the tail wagging the dog.

You dont know how much the investment is. But I bet you its a case of if MM stays you get no more. The golden tit has dried up.

Get me a new man and you can have some more.

What would you do.

And yes MM is not the man I want in charge and if I had the money to invest he would be first on the dole.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The Large One said:
And you think Dick Knight is going to let that happen? He's no shrinking violet is our Uncle Dick, as well you know.

Really depends how desperate the financial situation is. You don't appear too concerned by it, I think the fact that someone can even try and hold the board to ransom means that it probably is pretty desperate. How I hope you are right.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
LI, again, I ask you, what are your sources? OK, perhaps you may not want to reveal your sources, but where is the source ofyour concern? Unless I am missing something, there appears to be only one source for your concern - Andy Naylor's article. Do you have any corroboration of this?

Mark McGhee's tenure at the club and someone coming in to invest some money are two separate issues. Andy Naylor's insinuation is that one is going to be dictated by the other. That is not necessarily good business practice, nor is it necessarily the case - although of course it MAY be. Whatever the outcome, it will be settled amicably around a table, hopefully without threats or flounces.

One thing that will NOT happen is Dick Knight allow this to become out of control. Again, you have no evidence that what is going on IS out of control. Or rather, if you do, can you enlighten us in any way?

You do appear to have little faith in him. He may not have big money, but he does have big balls.

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
You dont know how much the investment is. But I bet you its a case of if MM stays you get no more. The golden tit has dried up.
Yep, that situation is called blackmail. Do it my way, or I wreck an impoverished club.

For the record, I don't know if TMLS is right about the Blooms cutting off further financial assistance to the club unless they get their way, that is just speculation.

But I would certainly like to know, as I'm sure every other Albion fan would like to know.

Are the Blooms actually going to say anything to the fans publically about their intentions or is it going to be all wheeler-dealing behind closed doors, with Albion fans the last to know anything?

Last edited:

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
London Irish said:
The idea that some spiv of a professional gamber who runs a two-bit internet start-up is now running our club is about the most despressing thing I have heard about the Albion for years :nono:

There is no way this guy has the financial means to get us automatically out of League One. Stop being conned - this utter clown is wrecking our club!

Dick Knight - for god sake don't hand over this club to someone like this!

sorry have I missed something?

Who is suggesting he is looking to take over the club?

Blimey, I get accused of over reacting when I say the players played badly...you are suggesting the whole world is collapsing because one of your colleagues is shit stirring.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
London Irish said:
Yep, that situation is called blackmail. Do it my way, or I wreck an impoverished club.

For the record, I don't know if TMLS is right about the Blooms cutting off further financial assistance to the club unless they get their way, that is just speculation.

But I would certainly like to know, as I'm sure every other Albion fan would like to know.

Are the Blooms actually going to say anything to the fans publically about their intentions or is it going to be all wheeler-dealing behind closed doors, with Albion fans the last to know anything?

Maybe, maybe not but I do believe that DK will do whats best for this club in the long term. I think he is great.

But clearly people believe MM is not the right man for the job and if it takes blackmail to get rid of him then so be it.

In a few months time it will probably all be forgotten anyway when we have our new manager and sitting proudly at the top of league 1 with a 10 point lead.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
and another thing...can we stop calling LI placcy...its wearing a bit thin now:nono:

The Large One said:
LI, again, I ask you, what are your sources? OK, perhaps you may not want to reveal your sources, but where is the source ofyour concern? Unless I am missing something, there appears to be only one source for your concern - Andy Naylor's article. Do you have any corroboration of this?

Mark McGhee's tenure at the club and someone coming in to invest some money are two separate issues. Andy Naylor's insinuation is that one is going to be dictated by the other. That is not necessarily good business practice, nor is it necessarily the case - although of course it MAY be. Whatever the outcome, it will be settled amicably around a table, hopefully without threats or flounces.

One thing that will NOT happen is Dick Knight allow this to become out of control. Again, you have no evidence that what is going on IS out of control. Or rather, if you do, can you enlighten us in any way?

You do appear to have little faith in him. He may not have big money, but he does have big balls.

The source of my concern TLO is precisely as you have yourself have stated the situation, that it is possible, not definitely sure yes I agree, but possible that the investment situation and the management situation are becoming linked.

Big balls are fine, but we live in a world, alas, where money means more than the size of your bollocks.

But I have nothing but respect for your faith in Dick Knight, but as I said earlier it comes back to a situation where the "amicable" resolution might be doing what is expedient when you are trapped in a corner rather than what is right.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
London Irish said:
The idea that some spiv of a professional gamber who runs a two-bit internet start-up is now running our club is about the most despressing thing I have heard about the Albion for years :nono:

There is no way this guy has the financial means to get us automatically out of League One. Stop being conned - this utter clown is wrecking our club!

Dick Knight - for god sake don't hand over this club to someone like this!

Why are you spreading LIES about people you know NOTHING about ?

When the TRUTH comes out over the next few days you really will look an even bigger LIAR than you are at present:jester:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
worried - while it is obvious great that mr mcghee is going, i am concerned about what exactly is going on in the board room

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
As far as I can see London Irish the club would struggle to be any more wrecked then it already is...

Also, how do you KNOW all this stuff or are you just MAKING it up to look big and CLEVER?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Richie Morris said:
As far as I can see London Irish the club would struggle to be any more wrecked then it already is...
?

Can't believe you were following this club in the late 90's then :nono:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Richie Morris said:
Of course I appreciate it was WORSE back then. The point I was making is that it is hardly rosey right now is it?

Yes but as usual you talk as though you're the fount of all knowledge. Just when are you going to send your CV to The Sun ?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Richie Morris said:

Also, how do you KNOW all this stuff or are you just MAKING it up to look big and CLEVER?
Actually, the structure of the club is pretty sound. There will, however, always be a difference of opinion between individuals, whether in the playing squad, at management level or at boardroom level. That is very different from saying it is wrecked.

You should have seen Matt Hicks, Tim Dudding, Paul Rogers and Paul Camillin at the quiz nights for instance... :eek: :lolol:

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
either i miss read the questions or you forgot the other side of the coin. where is the? could spiral out of control option if we need to change manager again. lack of consistancy again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here