Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who's been the victim of a crime?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I had a car stolen as a student. In fact, it had been broken into NINE times over an 8 week period from outside my student digs. The last time I put a crook lock over the wheel and the burgulars just bent the steering column to take it off! That cost me £153 to put right, but after that I drove into central Nottingham to play some snooker with CHUMS to celebrate the fact that I'd got my car back. Unbelieveably after just 3 frames of snooker, someone had pinched my car from central Nottingham! They found it two days later in Sneinton Fish market at 6am. I had to go and get it because it was in the way! :angry:

The police weren't interested in my car tribulations and really I don't actually blame them these days - I've seen and heard where their resources go. I have a close relative who was beaten up, raped at knifepoint and left for dead in her own back garden as a seventeen year old whilst revising for her A levels. They caught the sick murdering fucker and he's doing seven life sentences. Apparently he was a seemingly normal double glazing salesman from Reading by day - his wife didn't have a scooby.

Virgo's Haircut

Resident Train Guru
Jul 5, 2003
On a train...
I've had 2 assualts on the railway. Both were quite minor. But one of them I was threatened with a knife.

CCTV were apparently not working on the train, or at East Croydon :angry:

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
So many of the problems that the police have is due to the actual laws and courts, not what they actually do. I'm not gonna stick up for them too much cos i hate the way they persecute motorists but in general the reason someone may feel hard done by is because the police know there's nothing worthwhile gonna happen even if they catch the offender.

The amount of times i pick up the local paper and see stories of people getting their 14th conviction for theft and yet all they get is ANOTHER COMMUNITY REHABILITATION ORDER and a £50 fine that they can pay over the next 25 years! Same goes with the litte yobo's who terrorise neighbourhoods, even when they get an ASBO they have to breach it about 10 times before anything further is done! In many respects they do have a very frustrating job to do!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here