• Adam El-Abd

Votes: 91 94.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
I think Kerry has done enough to get himself another year tho whether he would want to be on the sidelines agian i dont know. Hinsh, as much as it pains me to say it, has to go. His injuries have seen to it that he has been on the sidelines for way too long and investing another contract in him is a huge gamble that he will regain full fitness. Tank will get another year with a coaching remit. I think gully has had his chance.

As for the rest i have no clue
Harty i would love to see stay but cant say he would offer us anything now so shouldnt really be offered one.

Fraser, Kuipers & el abd are no brainers

Reidy will get a year

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I thought that he was loaned to us until the end of season but as you say he is ours then I would expect the club to release him as I have nt seen him and the back room staff have seen him in training and are obviously not impressed enough to include him.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Thought reports were that in recent games he was beginning to look pretty good. (Mc Faul)

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I am 99.99% certain he is ours. However, I don’t think he can be discounted just because he is not featuring at the moment. UCD were part time, so I don’t think he was expected to make an immediate impact. If there is potential there, then I imagine that he will be given a short term contract for next season. Perhaps some of the reserve watchers could give us a bit of a run down on him. :thumbsup: Uncle Buck? Yorkie?

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
I think it will be something along these lines that are retained;

Michel Kuipers (has an appearance clause in his current deal)
John Sullivan
Adam Hinshelwood (will be short term, like the deals given to Rodger and Blackwell whilst he proves or otherwise his fitness)
Sonny Cobbs
Scott Chamberlain
Tommy Fraser
Paul Reid
Shane McFaul
Sam Gargan
Adam El-Abd

Mayo staying I would guess depends on whether we keep Richards.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think it will be something along these lines that are retained;

Michel Kuipers (has an appearance clause in his current deal)
John Sullivan
Adam Hinshelwood (will be short term, like the deals given to Rodger and Blackwell whilst he proves or otherwise his fitness)
Sonny Cobbs
Scott Chamberlain
Tommy Fraser
Paul Reid
Shane McFaul
Sam Gargan
Adam El-Abd

Mayo staying I would guess depends on whether we keep Richards.

That goes against what Barry Lloyd said about there being a major change around during the summer.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Being chief scout I would hink that he is privy to a lot of this type of information.

For what it is worth, I would sooner have him on the bench, taking into account his previous record under extreme circumstances, than have either White or Chapman on the bench to advise Wilkins.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Being chief scout I would hink that he is privy to a lot of this type of information.

For what it is worth, I would sooner have him on the bench, taking into account his previous record under extreme circumstances, than have either White or Chapman on the bench to advise Wilkins.

Lloyd is more of a walking disaster area than those two, which says something.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am interested to know on what basis you form that opinion.

Despite having to contend with A B & S he took us to one of our 3 visits to Wembley wi tha team that we would love to have now and in so doing provided us with 2 out of our best 10 games ever being the 2 play off legs against Milwall in which we were superb in both games.

Another reputed good thing about him is that he is said to have very nearly punched Archer, which most on here would love to do.

On the playing side he made some good signings, and some bad I may add, but made a silk purse team out of a sows ear so to speak. His knowledge and experience of football, both playing and mangerial is far far way above that of either Chapman or White.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
As has been said by others I have nopt seen enough of the youth players like Winterton and Skinner etc so have not voted one way or the other.

Kuipers unless Wilkins has another more consistent keeper that he can sign.
El Abd definitely fairly long term
Fraser
Butters as player/ reserve team coach/manager.

Hart Mayo Reid Hinshlewood short term till Chritmas and then make a final decision before January window.

It would appear that Wilkins and his team do not have much confidence in Rents and Sullivan so I would release Rents along with Loft and give them the oportunity to go Non League (Conference).

Dependant on the result tonight ie if we do not win I would play Sullivan until the end of the season to get a better assesment of whether he can step up to league standard from what I have seen at reserve games I do not think that he will. If not release him.

Return Mc Faul and Martot

Try to sign Richards and Raccon, not much chance with him though.

BG, I have regularly disagreed with you about Kuipers and think he is a far better keeper than you do, but I am pleased that you have hit the nail on the head with your comment above.

In my opinion he is a good third-tier keeper, but IF we can find, and afford, someone better and, as you say, more consistent, then that's fine by me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here