Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who'll win the premiership this season?

Premiership Champions 2007/08

• Total voters

Oct 25, 2003
hmmm, in theory man u seem to have signed the best players this summer

BUT

chelsea's problem last season was a lack of depth in key areas, and a hell of a lot of injuries to key players (terry, cech etc.), terry's absense caused essien to play in defence which in turn weakened their midfield

this summer, they seem to have signed a few "squad players" such as ben haim, sidwell etc. which means that they may be able to cope better with an inury crisis

as for liverpool, i don't think they're there YET, but i think they may push hard for 2nd place, and are a shoe in for 3rd

arsenal and tottenham will fight it out for 4th place, and everton will come 6th

the rest from 7th to about....14th will be much of a muchness

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Man Utd have made the better signings. Chelsea look short of strength in depth at the back and up front. Chelsea will lose players to the AN Cup.

BUT, for some reason, I still think Chelsea will win it.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Don't care really but would rather Man U anyday then Chelsea

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I'd like Arsenal to do it. Esp on the back of losing Henry, not spending silly amounts so far, having faith in youth and playing bloody lovely football.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I think Man U are going to prove too strong, and I for one am looking forward, as a neutral, to watching the Rooney, Ronaldo, Tevez forward line. They are going to be pretty special to watch IMO.

I think Chelsea will contine to lick their wounds but expect them to be a comfortable second.

Arsenal and Liverpool will be fighting it out for 3rd and 4th.

And am I alone in incredulity, why are so many people tipping Tottenham to finish top 4 this season? I would love to see some new teams break the trend at the top, but seriously, Spurs, I just can't see it.

D

Deleted member 2719

Where's the option for don't give a flying F*ck.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
Wild stab in the dark, Newcastle

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think Man U are going to prove too strong, and I for one am looking forward, as a neutral, to watching the Rooney, Ronaldo, Tevez forward line. They are going to be pretty special to watch IMO.

I think Chelsea will contine to lick their wounds but expect them to be a comfortable second.

Arsenal and Liverpool will be fighting it out for 3rd and 4th.

And am I alone in incredulity, why are so many people tipping Tottenham to finish top 4 this season? I would love to see some new teams break the trend at the top, but seriously, Spurs, I just can't see it.

Finished 5th two years on the trot and have spent 30 million with a manager who knows a bargain. Every chance of overtaking Arsenal this year imo. Not incredulous at all as it is more likely than not imo

Robdinho

Jul 26, 2004
This time last season Chelsea had signed Shevchenko and Ballack and everyone assumed they would walk the league, and look what happened.

Man Utd seem to have bought the better players but there's no guarentee that any of them will perform. Anderson and particularly Nani are probably gonna take a while to settle, and who's to say that bringing in Tevez won't upset the balance Man Utd had in attack last year with Ronaldo, Rooney & Giggs.

I think Liverpool's best chance is if Chelsea & Utd are concentrating on the Champions league. They have a lot of new players who'll need to gel quickly. Everyone goes on about their perceived lack of a '20 goals a season' striker, but they have 5 quality forwards any of whom could start banging them in for fun with a bit of luck.

Let's hope it's a bit more of a contest than the last few years anyway.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
united - chelsea won't be there as drogab is off in january

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Well United won last year, they've since spent big and got an even better squad, so it's hard to argue against them.

I think Liverpool will give it a good go, but I don't think they've got the defence. Chelsea will start without Terry, the ANC will affect them more than anyone, I expect rumours to persist about Lamprad, Ballack, Mourinho all season long, so they could drop to 3rd place.

Of the rest it has to be said that Spurs have the best squad of any non- Big 4 team since Ridsdale's Leeds, and if their spine of Robinson-King-Zokora-Berbatov stay fit I feel they will nick 4th place from Arsenal.

I expect Newcastle will finish 6th, then its a lottery. Relegation will be tight - Derby are down but Wigan, Fulham, West Ham have all got stronger, Roy Kenae's Sunderland could stay up if their home form is decent so definitely scope for a big name to go down. My dark horse to plummet is Man City.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here