Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who would you support if ........

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Only if we got into the Premiership could a see a fair amount of our support not being able to afford to go. And then most of the matches are streamed online anyway. Admittedly it's not the same, but I wouldn't just go and support someone else. I might go to local non league games, but that doesn't mean I'd wouldn't support the Albion anymore. Bit of a JCL?

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Should the question be, 'would you watch another team if you couldn't afford the Albion prices?'.

Supporting a team is a totally different matter. I couldn't support another team. Brighton is my team, regardless of finances.

You put it so much better than I did.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Should the question be, 'would you watch another team if you couldn't afford the Albion prices?'.

Supporting a team is a totally different matter. I couldn't support another team. Brighton is my team, regardless of finances.

bang on that
already in the position of not being able to afford to go but listen in on "player" every match

Dec 29, 2011
If things get more expensive I'll probably go up to Palace as it's only a short train journey from Brighton, they have a good atmosphere and play attractive football. Not to mention the surrounding area of Croydon is a pleasure to walk through.

Dominoid

Albion fan in Devon
Jan 6, 2011
Plymouth, United Kingdom
I actually can't afford to go to any matches and haven't been able to for a few years to be honest. I wouldn't consider that my support has got any less strong then when I had a season ticket, I'm just less physically present at the ground now!

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Can't afford to go regular even now. Could if lived inside travel zone as would buy a ST but paying for train or lift (plus higher individual ticket price) tips it over what I can afford especially when turning down extra work to go.

If couldn't attend ANY games I'd still support Albion but would go to a few Hastings games rather than 1 or 2 a year and follow them a bit more than current. Support and follow is very different though and can only SUPPORT Brighton whatever happens!

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
I'd still support the Albion, I onlhy go to one or two games each season anyway, so it's like a treat when I get to see them, and I don't mind forking out a little more to watch them play.

tweenster

Oct 16, 2009
Lincoln
You can't just stop supporting your team! My job has taken me to various locations around the world as well as several places in the UK including the north-east of Scotland and if you can't get to the games you do the best you can. If you can't afford every home game, you go to what you can afford, and if you an only get to one or 2 then make it a special occasion! I probably won't get to the Amex this season but will manage 10 or 11 away games; I do what I can.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
With all this talk of rising ticket prices who would you support if you were unable to afford to watch the Albion ? ??? or would you beg borrow and steal to carry on watching ? :shrug:
I can't afford to go to matches at the moment and still support them as much as have since I first started.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Bizarre question even if I can't afford to attend games I still support the Albion.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I'd rather listen to the Albion games on a scratchy Wireless than go watch another team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here