Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Dwayne

Votes: 3 10.3%

• Total voters

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
Got asked this by an R.E teacher and have only just thought of putting it on here.

If there was a burning house and there was only two people inside the house but you could ONLY save ONE who would you save.
Your Father - The person who has always loved you since the day you were born and is always there for you when you need help.
A scientist who has a cure to save millions of people

In the question i was given the father was your father but he was old and in a wheelchair. this one is a father of anyage

i chose the scientist guy because i would rather save millions of people in one rather than just saving one person and letting millions of people die

Please give reasons why!

Last edited:

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Man that's tough, really really tough. On a purely human level, probably my father. Sounds nasty to the millions of people, but I think deep inside everyone is selfish, even with something like saving someone else.

Simon

Jul 5, 2003
What an incredible question, and a real thought provoker.......

My initial reaction was to save my Dad. Mainly for selfish reasons.

Then I considered what my Dad would have wanted me to do, had he been unable to speak for himself.

He would have wanted me to save millions and would happily have given his own life if it meant saving that many others.

Another consideration is whether the millions who are to be saved includes other members of your family.

Jeez........heavy shit.

back to the striker we are signing tomorrow!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I had to plump for the scientist as my father passed away a couple of years ago.:(
If he was still with us though I'd have to go for him.

CAFC Matt

Jul 27, 2003
Woodindean
MY father - no matter what you could not willngly let a memeber of your family die.

What if your father was the scientist - no problem :)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Whoa, what a question. Is there like a Channel 4 "Countdown" clock going as well, with all the music and everything ?

Ummmm.....errrrr.....ooooohhh....

My father. There, its done. I did it for selfish reasons. If the pressures on, and its a snap decision, then family bonds are the strongest ties and will dictate your actions.

Love goes beyond logic.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I would first check to see if the seven year limit for gifts under inheritance tax had lapsed first.

If it hasn't - my dad

If it has - the scientist

ps Im joking (I think)

There are a couple of big assumptions that lie behind this question. I'm not comfortable with either of them.

The first is that science makes advances by the efforts of one or two great men who should be revered. It doesn't. It works through the efforts of good teams.

The second is that looking after people we are close to is somehow selfish and that the world is entitled to expect us to put its wishes ahead of our own. Equally untrue.

Sometimes the right thing to do is something baffling that will make people think. That's how human progress is made.

Save Dwayne.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Looking at it unemotionally

What would the damage be to the world, economically and environmentally, if there was a cure all potion invented.

Would it be able to cope?.

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
You can't put value on a human life. Most people would think that their father's life is worth more than millions of people.

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Besides, most people are pricks anyway. How many times do you hear people coming on this site whinging about what some incident they had with a dickhead today, or of the idiotic customers they have to deal with at work?

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Ex-Shoreham
i'd save dwayne :jester:

but seriously (sorry dwayne ;)) i'd shout at my father to chuck the scientist thru and upstairs window (thus I'M not saving him) and then go in and save my father.

sorted :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here