Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Who would you rather do the double over?

Well?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Chelsea is purely financial, Palace is historic, and remember the f****** putting the final league table up on the screen at Selhurst within seconds of the final whistle back in May.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Losing twice to Chelsea is going to happen every now and then, thats the food chain... but losing twice to Palace in a season? No need really..

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Must be Palace.

Losing twice to them, they would be insufferable.

Chelsea would wave it away with their usual entitlement
This, plus losing twice to Palace would likely mean that we were in relegation form and I'm not up for that.

Also, I really struggle to be that bothered by Chelsea. I'll boo for the whole panto element of it when we play them, but as hideous as they are in our eyes now, they've been this club since Abramovich to over. Our only ire is that they're now seemingly Brighton-obsessed. Man United used to do it to Spurs, Liverpool to Saints etc. It's nothing new.

Worst case, we lose a few players (that it's our model to sell anyway) but we end up getting 50% about their value because Chelsea's owners are thickos.

So, yeah, Palace

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Because of the proviso the Op has added (you must lose both games against the other side) I’ve had to vote Palace.
This. I voted too early before reading the second half. Can't lose to Palace twice in a season.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Out of those 2 options, Chelsea but then I don't know any Palace fans but my father in law is a Chelsea one. I've always hated Portsmouth more than Palace and whilst I engage in the rivalry I'm not *that* bothered and don't have a bear to poke. I do for Chelsea.

As someone who lives in the Midlands id really, really love to do the double over Villa. We always cock it up against them (See Championship season) and when we do beat them it's in COVID or when we have blown the season (last year). I'm also surrounded by them. If I could be an away fan at any ground in England and watch a team get relegated it would be Villa.
Yep, forgetting the binary choices in the OP, Villa was my first thought when I saw the thread title. Always cock it up (or they get lucky) against them - I remember a League Cup match (or was it the FA Cup?) when they were in the Championship and we put out a very young team and they were crowing over their victory over PL Brighton, completely oblivious of the fact that they were playing our youth team!
Plus (although not against us) that season when they stayed up thanks to somebody forgetting to switch on the goal line technology!

Last edited:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Palace. Obviously. Can’t quite believe nearly 50% would take a double loss to Palace. #BadFans

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I'll be honest. I voted Chelsea.

For me, my dislike of Chelsea is visceral. They represent everything that is wrong with football - profligate spending, horrible owners, entitled fans, mercenary players and greedy coaches. Those issues run deeper for me than my dislike for those up the road because - whilst we are rivals - we are both doing our best to fight the dark forces of football.
I too voted Chelsea for very much the same reasons.
However, according to the "real, old school NSCers" we are clueless plastics or weirdos.

Do I care what they think ?

Not a jot.
I actually would like us to do the double over Spurs, Villa, Citeh, Man U and Palace.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Chelsea is purely financial, Palace is historic, and remember the f****** putting the final league table up on the screen at Selhurst within seconds of the final whistle back in May.
Yes a one point difference. What a European tour that is for Palace. I just don't know how we can ever live it down.

Whereas we had to put up with finishing top of our European group, beating teams with five European Cups between them along the way, and entering the league cup after they had already been knocked out. Oh and I almost forgot - we also spanked them 4-1 in the league.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Yes a one point difference. What a European tour that is for Palace. I just don't know how we can ever live it down.

Whereas we had to put up with finishing top of our European group, beating teams with five European Cups between them along the way, and entering the league cup after they had already been knocked out. Oh and I almost forgot - we also spanked them 4-1 in the league.

Old boy was talking to a couple of Palace supporting undertakers up at Crawley today, they put that table up immediately because it meant so much to them 😂

I think the shrinks call it living in someone else’s head ’rent free’ 👍

Like you I loved the European tour, it will be something I will never forget and will certainly get a mention in my eulogy 🙏

They admitted today they doubt they will ever surpass that as things stand, and that makes it all the sweeter, I enjoyed my first Albion victory over Palace nearly 45 years ago, and knocking 60 every victory against them is as sweet as the first one ⚽

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here