Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who Would You Play Upfront Instead of Forster and Murray

Goal CRISIS

• Total voters

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Virgo and Anyinsah. Both showed they have the ability to play up front against Man City, as both of them changed the game when they had their chance their.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
I think as its the start of the week and he knows the news, Adams will sign a striker that is a foil for Adam Virgo.

Though I think he should put Anyinsah upfront, with a new signing that is nippy and pacey

Anyinsah is nippy and pacey and a good foil to Virgo, their's your answer.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
id rather he settle down in one position, but Virgo is a proven goal scorer so the obvious chioce. anyone fairly quick alongside him.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Got to be Anyinsah - apparantly Preston think its his best position and maybe just maybe Adams will play someone in their preferred position.

He will be partnered by Virgs because its the LAW that Virgs plays every game so Adams can rest easy for a couple.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Anyinsah is nippy and pacey and a good foil to Virgo, their's your answer.

True, but I dont think we shouldnt be playing Virgo upfront, but it is going to be kind of obvious Adams will play him there.

I think Anyinsah gives off the more "lazy" Murray style of play, than a effort type player. Where he will just use his class, and let his feet do the business, despite his apparent "lack of effort"

So I think we need a pacey nippy forward like Forster to go along side Anyinsah. That obviously isnt Virgo, I guess more Robinson, but I cant see Robinson doing the business, especially against Leeds

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
For BORIENT, I'd play Anyinsah and Robinson. PACE them into submission.

For Leeds, I expect both Forster and Murray to have shaken off their 'injuries' and be back in the side.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
True, but I dont think we shouldnt be playing Virgo upfront, but it is going to be kind of obvious Adams will play him there.

I think Anyinsah gives off the more "lazy" Murray style of play, than a effort type player. Where he will just use his class, and let his feet do the business, despite his apparent "lack of effort"

So I think we need a pacey nippy forward like Forster to go along side Anyinsah. That obviously isnt Virgo, I guess more Robinson, but I cant see Robinson doing the business, especially against Leeds

Fair enough. But I think Virgo is definitely capable of playing up front at this level. And against Man City, Anyinsah was all over the place, he's a fit quick lad who I would say has a differnt style to Murray. Murray is nonchalent, Anyinsah is constantly buzzing.

Orient will struggle against those two. They wont know how to play against them.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Fair enough. But I think Virgo is definitely capable of playing up front at this level. And against Man City, Anyinsah was all over the place, he's a fit quick lad who I would say has a differnt style to Murray. Murray is nonchalent, Anyinsah is constantly buzzing.

Orient will struggle against those two. They wont know how to play against them.

Virgo was capable of playing upfront at this level, and championship of course, but he hasnt played upfront for 3 years. I know it was only pre season, but he didnt look much cop against Lewes and Burgess Hill. I hope he can do it. But it also didnt work at Northampton (though he was ill)

He lacks the movement for playing upfront, but with what we have got left in reserve, Virgo and Anyinsah is probably the correct combination, but be prepared for the longballathon!

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Virgo was capable of playing upfront at this level, and championship of course, but he hasnt played upfront for 3 years. I know it was only pre season, but he didnt look much cop against Lewes and Burgess Hill. I hope he can do it. But it also didnt work at Northampton (though he was ill)

He lacks the movement for playing upfront, but with what we have got left in reserve, Virgo and Anyinsah is probably the correct combination, but be prepared for the longballathon!

But against Man City, for the brief time Virgo was up front, he changed the game and made two excellent flick ons for Murray.

And at Northampton he was, for some mind-boggling reason, placed as more of an attacking left winger/striker.

However, as TLO says, Virgo may well be needed at the back. If he plays in midfield again I will be flabbergasted.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
But against Man City, for the brief time Virgo was up front, he changed the game and made two excellent flick ons for Murray.

And at Northampton he was, for some mind-boggling reason, placed as more of an attacking left winger/striker.

However, as TLO says, Virgo may well be needed at the back. If he plays in midfield again I will be flabbergasted.

Man City game was Virgo's best game even though he played in about 5 different roles. Im not denying he can play upfront, Im just hoping we (fans and manager) are not living/hoping for past glories with him playing upfront.

It is obvious he is a great centre back, so why not play him instead of an unfit Hawkins. But i think we should be prepared to be flabbergasted!

But I am sure Adams will MIFF us all. Murray and Forster drew a blank against Orient already this season, so it maybe good someone else gets a chance.

Last edited:

Bars Mar

Registered Drug User
Jan 4, 2008
In Bed With My Doner
I Am Concerned About The Fact That He Never Puts A Keeper On The Bench. Its A Disaster Waiting To Happen. I Can See Why He Needs All Those Spare Midfielders On The Bench, And Doesn't Want To Waste A Spot On A Keeper Who We Might Not Need, So The Obvious Answer Is To Play Sullivan In Goal And Kuipers Up Front.

His Physical Presence Would Be A Huge Asset, And If The Keeper Did Get Injured Or Sent Off, He Could Go In Goal.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
give gargan a run out in the paint trophy

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here