Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who would you like to see lead Labour next and why?

Who would you like to see lead Labour next and why?

• Ed Miliband

Votes: 13 21.7%
  • David Miliband

Votes: 20 33.3%
  • Ed Balls

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Andy Burnham

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • Fat Diane

Votes: 17 28.3%

• Total voters

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Diane to lead them into total oblivion

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Tony Wedgewood Benn, but not on offer, more's the pity.

If you give the Man on the Clapham Omnibus a choice at the polls between a real Tory, and a fake Tory, and a pretend Tory, he'll choose the real Tory every time.

Lurker

62 years and counting ...
Mar 8, 2010
West Midlands
If Abbott's first name was David, and he was white ..... would he even be in the list?

Take out her gender, take out her ethnicity ..... exactly who would she appeal to?

She's a token candidate, and if she won, the Tories/Lib Dems would throw a year long party to celebrate.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Just received my ballot papers. Need to make a decision!

Made my decision, andy as 1st choice and david as 2nd.

I know burnham has no chance of winning but I hope he gets enough support to get a senior place in the shadow cabinet.

I must say that harriet harman has done a good job at pmq's whilst covering and I think she should have stood although would not have won.

I do think that Alistair Darling would have done a good job too in terms of gravitas and as he's been largely proved right post election, would have been a real force.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Balls would be a disaster for Labour so lets hope he wins. Why is it Abbott is labelled as fat ". Very demeaning and hardly adding to the debate.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I must say that harriet harman has done a good job at pmq's whilst covering and I think she should have stood although would not have won.

QUOTE]

:laugh:

Yoh must have been watching different PMQs to me

Well her comments about the 'inlaws not supporting the marriage' and also the blowing of the revised unemployment figures which forced an amended and unverified release of data from the obr and which has caused so much derision at that new body were early wins.

As for Darling I think he is clearly not in Brown's camp. But publicly he may be perceived as that.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
As a Conservative voter,I do not really care who wins.However I am almost certain that brother David will win...Ed would take the party too far to the left for many of the electorate's taste....Diane Abbott no chance,same with Burnham.As for Mr.Balls he is too unpopular with both the electorate and much of the Labour Party and anyway,with those staring eyes he looks slightly mad and that matters!
IMHO,David will have to work hard to throw off the geeky rather weedy image he has.Can't see him inspiring others in the party,let alone the electorate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here