Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who would win? Albion XI vs Albion XI

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Vicente was the best wide midfielder in the world at a time, before his second major injury. Vicente would win it on his own, I'm going for Poyet's team.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
So, a podcast I’m part of has done an AMEX era draft to create two Brighton XIs to play each other in a hypothetical match. The premise, to pick two XIs of players who have featured for us in the last decade. The players would be in their absolute prime and in top form.

So, with all that being said, which team would win?

Stockdale
Webster -Dunk - Tomori
Lamptey - Sidwell - Bissouma - Cucurella
Trossard - Maupay - Welbeck​

Managed by Potter

Or

Sanchez
Bruno - White - Upson - Bridge
Bridcutt
Kayal - Vicente
Knockhaert- Murray - March​

Managed by Poyet

Remember, all players are in their absolute prime.

You can find the podcasts on our YouTube channel link below

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UC_dooz2FnnxypRZZMFLCAhw

We’ve also done a little Twitter poll and we’d welcome your thoughts!

https://twitter.com/albionobsessed/status/1474357075501273091?s=21

The in their prime wording makes it quite hard

Team 1 I would say Tomori, Lampety, Bissouma, Cucurella, trossard still have quite a lot of room before they reach the potential they could have along with maybe Webster and Mupaay.

Team 2 is full of players who at their very peak we’re quality. Sanchez and white are already international but the only 2 who could still get better, the rest of the back 5 absolute quality. Kayal pre Celtic knee injury was attracting interest all over the place, Vicente was one of the best attacking players in the world and they would make enough chances the rest of the side to keep Murray banging them in left right and centre.

Team Poyet in their prime but team potter still has much more room to grow

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Vicente feeding AK and Muzza? It's a no brainer.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Even Amex Vicente gives that team a good match, prime Vicente runs the show

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Do we even know what prime Lamptey or White or Sanchez is going to be yet? Plenty of scope for all of them to become genuinely world class in the right circumstances.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Easy. Poyets team all day. Better keeper better full backs in there prime, better striker. It’s not even a contest.

Stockdale is his bhafc prime is better than Sanchez in his bhafc prime. Mainly because Sanchez hasn't had his prime yet.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Stockdale is his bhafc prime is better than Sanchez in his bhafc prime. Mainly because Sanchez hasn't had his prime yet.

Not for me, Sanchez is already a step up on Stockdale imo

Ryan was step up on Stockdale too and Sanchez is certainly a step up on Ryan, again just imo

would have zamora in the poyet team in place of march. I know technically bobby never played for us in the PL but at his best we woulda still scored goals galore

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here