Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who would swap Olympic host country for more medals?

Would happily go back to China instead of London if it meant more medals!
Couldn't get tickets so not much benefit having the games.
We can't moan about ticketing at major events when we have made such a balls up of our own event.
cheers Seb you PLANK! (but we new you were ever since the 83 semi):moo:

( the Olympic spirit is for losers)

bitter of hove

Last edited:

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
It's not the winning it's the taking part.

I would give my left knacker to experience being a competitor in the olympics.

I like to scratch the other one while watching on our beloved BBC.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Not me. The medals will come - maybe not as many golds as Beijing, where there team over-performed (even though some favourites like Phillips Iduwu did not get gold).

We will probably not see the Olympics in the country again in our lifetimes.

not me. The medals will come - maybe not as many golds as beijing, where there team over-performed (even though some favourites like phillips iduwu did not get gold).

We will probably not see the olympics in the country again in our lifetimes.

Didn't get to see this one, corporate games and for those who could put in 20+plus events,some peoples bank accounts could not gamble on that many!

BITTER AND TWISTED OF HOVE:mad:

kano

Jun 17, 2011
How hard are you trying? There are tickets for sale now on the website. If you really wanted to go, you could put your hand in your pocket and go. Today.

I was sceptical till it started but I have to admit that hosting the Olympics is great!

how hard are you trying? There are tickets for sale now on the website. If you really wanted to go, you could put your hand in your pocket and go. Today.

I was sceptical till it started but i have to admit that hosting the olympics is great!

Tbo after the way the initial allocation was sorted i was not going begging for the dregs,will go to a diamond meeting next year as we have done in the past.Spent my cash on a trip to barca v madrid later in the month.

BITTER TWISTED AND WELL MIFFED OF HOVE

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Didn't get to see this one, corporate games and for those who could put in 20+plus events,some peoples bank accounts could not gamble on that many!

I call bullshit. There are tickets for some events available now. If budget is the issue, what was stopping you watching the cycling road race, the time trial or the marathon for FREE?

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Would happily go back to China instead of London if it meant more medals!
Couldn't get tickets so not much benefit having the games.
We can't moan about ticketing at major events when we have made such a balls up of our own event.
cheers Seb you PLANK! (but we new you were ever since the 83 semi):moo:

( the Olympic spirit is for losers)

bitter of hove

Tickets are available if you try.

Apparently, we are only 1 medal behind what was expected - the others will come. It's worth having it, just to see the atmospbhere that's being generated at the venues and as my commute has not yet been disrupted, all is well.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley

I didn't get anything in the first round ballot, zilch.

Before the second round, I looked to see where the best availability was, and I bid for the events I was most interested in, with the highest availability. I then added football tickets at a later date. In fact, I would say the ticketing process was pretty easy, as long as you read and understood the process, and were prepared to spend an hour (or three) refreshing the page. But then, you have to refresh the page constantly for most big events - concerts, and even popular games at the Amex.

Tickets are available if you try.

Apparently, we are only 1 medal behind what was expected - the others will come. It's worth having it, just to see the atmospbhere that's being generated at the venues and as my commute has not yet been disrupted, all is well.

Well up for team GB JUST PISSED THE WAY TICKETS WERE ALLOCATED,BUT TO BE FAIR THEY DIDN'T GET MUCH WARNING OF THE OLYMPICS COMING OUR WAY:facepalm:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I know we're all poking fun at our performance on the gold medal thread, but we're really not doing that badly. The only major disappointments have been the men's road race and the canoeing. However, the men's gymnastics bronze was also unexpected, so we're not that far behind.

And having the Olympics here has been ace - the chance to watch the worlds best at some great sports doesn't come round very often, and some of our teams have responded with some great performances: in particular the women's football team is playing some lovely stuff and the women's volleyballers have already exceeded expectations. It would be lovely to see the handball teams get a win or two, as that is a game I'd love to see take off here.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
And having the Olympics here has been ace - the chance to watch the worlds best at some great sports doesn't come round very often, and some of our teams have responded with some great performances: in particular the women's football team is playing some lovely stuff and the women's volleyballers have already exceeded expectations. It would be lovely to see the handball teams get a win or two, as that is a game I'd love to see take off here.

And of course not having to stay up until stupid o'clock to watch us win a gold medal like I can remember for one of Redgrave's

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Its all about winning for me. You remember the British athletes from the past who won gold. Their names pass into immortality. Steve Redgrave is known all over the world. Even Mark Spitz paid tribute to him. HOW GOOD IS THAT!!!
It's great being host but given the choice between that and a record haul of medals abroad, the latter wins for me every time.

i know we're all poking fun at our performance on the gold medal thread, but we're really not doing that badly. The only major disappointments have been the men's road race and the canoeing. However, the men's gymnastics bronze was also unexpected, so we're not that far behind.

And having the olympics here has been ace - the chance to watch the worlds best at some great sports doesn't come round very often, and some of our teams have responded with some great performances: In particular the women's football team is playing some lovely stuff and the women's volleyballers have already exceeded expectations. It would be lovely to see the handball teams get a win or two, as that is a game i'd love to see take off here.

tbh the problems not been our guys/girls just that the competition seems stronger,what i can't understand is how the japanese gymnasts can film the gb team training? I think the home venue has worked against us,could we be too good a host country? Just can't stand losing.Would happily give up home advantage for one more bronze.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here