• Martin Allen

Votes: 8 5.3%

• Total voters

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Surprisingly close poll this. I think Wilkins was more popular than people gave him credit for.

D

Deleted member 2719

As much as Harty goes on about this thread i really can't see what his problem is.

He doesn't seem to have grasped it's not an Anti Adams it's Dean was doing a great job and didn't need replacing. (if it ain't broke don't fix it).

I know Mickey has great people skills as good as anyone he is a very likeable character but he seems to have a hypnotic hold over Harty and the Chairman.

I am just surprised Harty hasn't shown the support for Wilkins for the years of faith that man has shown for this club.

Good old John Byrne he knows the score.

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

PS. I believe in every NSC Poll Results.
:)

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
As much as Harty goes on about this thread i really can't see what his problem is.

He doesn't seem to have grasped it's not an Anti Adams it's Dean was doing a great job and didn't need replacing. (if it ain't broke don't fix it).

I know Mickey has great people skills as good as anyone he is a very likeable character but he seems to have a hypnotic hold over Harty and the Chairman.

I am just surprised Harty hasn't shown the support for Wilkins for the years of faith that man has shown for this club.

Good old John Byrne he knows the score.

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

PS. I believe in every NSC Poll Results.
i totally agree and one thing i have noticed with harty lately is he will not have a single word said against Micky - he keeps saying we are building a team for the future - dean was trying to do that with a chairman that was very tight with the purse strings - it seems to be spend and get what you like since micky came back - he also appears to be shouting down john byrne a lot lately - What John byrne has being saying for a few weeks is spot on about the treatment of dean

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

You're assuming that Wendy was sacked for on the pitch performances, he wasn't.

As for money, DW was given £300k for Murray and £75k for Forster, so he was backed in that regard.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
He also sold Elder, Revell and Hammond which got us a fair bit of cash back.

It was not like he was handed nearly £400k on top of the current budget.

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
You're assuming that Wendy was sacked for on the pitch performances, he wasn't.

As for money, DW was given £300k for Murray and £75k for Forster, so he was backed in that regard.

Fair point but are you forgetting the fact that we sold Dean Hammond £250k Alex Revell £150k Nathan Elder £35k total £435k plus we lost Bas and George - we gained Dixon £55k and Murray £300k - total £355k - plus we got Thomson Mcfaul on frees - i make that a profit in the pot of £80k - also we lost five players and gained four - i haven't included Matt Richards as his was a loan deal from before and after christmas

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The bloke who managed Cheltenham and Burnley and came down here on loan years ago...Steve Cotterill?

Fair point but are you forgetting the fact that we sold Dean Hammond £250k Alex Revell £150k Nathan Elder £35k total £435k plus we lost Bas and George - we gained Dixon £55k and Murray £300k - total £355k - plus we got Thomson Mcfaul on frees - i make that a profit in the pot of £80k - also we lost five players and gained four - i haven't included Matt Richards as his was a loan deal from before and after christmas

Cough - Excuse me please!

1) You've omitted Nicky Forster though who, as EP has already posted, cost £75K.
2) According to the most recent published returns (at Companies House), the Club made an operating loss in excess of £1.5 million in the last financial year. That means there is no profit - comprenez vous?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
The other point to remember about budgets is we do not have any idea as to the wages the players are on. The fee could be insignificant by comparison.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
No, he had a conflict of interest which compromised his position within the club.

True but then again he was a young manager learning the ropes. He probably wouldnt do it again in a similar situation.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak

1) You've omitted Nicky Forster though who, as EP has already posted, cost £75K.
2) According to the most recent published returns (at Companies House), the Club made an operating loss in excess of £1.5 million in the last financial year. That means there is no profit - comprenez vous?

That's right...B&HA FC are a business and their ingoings/outgoings aren't reliant on player transfers, although it can be a large slice of income the club receives.

Why do so many football supporters (not just Albion fans) think that if their club sells a player for profit, then the money has to go on new players? The club has other obligations such as Taxes, merchandise costs, printing of programmes and other literature, rent, etc, etc.

It's been well documented in the past that for every season we play at withdean, the club runs at a loss but people don't seem to be hearing it.

As others have said before, when you take that into consideration, it's a miracle that we've done so well over the last 10 years and still attract good players to the club.

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008

Sorry i forgot forster - that makes us £10k up - i know there are costs that are ridiculous at withdean - i was only ever referring to players and money spent on them

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here