Votes: 51 33.8%
  • Mark Mcghee

Votes: 11 7.3%
  • Martin Allen

Votes: 8 5.3%

• Total voters

D

Deleted member 2719

No, he had a conflict of interest which compromised his position within the club.

I can't see it swaying my opinion of Deans actually performance as a manager unless he was sleeping with Martin Perry and Dick got the hump.

Tell us more.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It was alleged on here, I think, that he backed Dean Hammond and George O Callaghan against the club which made his positon as manager of the team impossible.

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
Micky is able to attract better players and even though only a loan, looks to have pulled off an absolute gem with Thornton.

Team Selection wise I would go with Wilkins from what I have seen so far.

I just wish Wilkins fully respected the decision and had stayed on as first team coach with some input in team selections.

Adams and Wilkins would be a good partnership i think.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
I've said it bofor and I'll say it again. Alan Ball is currenty unemploewed as a manager, and he is a world cup WINNER with Prem experionce. Dick knight should do somthin NOW to stop this seeson being a right off

Next you'll be saying Brian Clough, will be appointed manager by DK.... oh.

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
DW did a fantastic job last season. We're a small club losing money all over the place with no proper ground and fickle fans who mostly turn up to moan and give the team shit. It's a miracle we're even in League 1. Clear progress over 2 seasons. A good young squad. Who did he bring in? Murray. Forster. Who has MA brought in? A load of useless old shite who are taking cash off the club we really can't afford, and who are well past their "best". DW was excellent with the youngsters and had a healthy set up given our circumstances. MA is a joke of a manager. A failure everywhere except one season with us.

Well said. Unfortunately, most people here will probably disagree with you as they're still wearing rose tinted glasses from 2001.

Adams has votes founded on past glory and 'keep the faith'.

His numbers will fall as the season goes on.

I don't hold with this "he took two seasons to turn us around last time" - that says NOTHING to me now. His management ability RIGHT NOW is extremely suspect, and waiting 2 seasons for a now-experienced manager to make an impact is bullshit.

He needs to make something happen now - and if Robbie Savage is a hope to kick-start things, then I have to wonder what is up with the squad we have.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Why not have another poll asking, Who would you rather share a king size bed with, Cheryl Cole or Heather from Eastenders?

Last edited:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I don't understand the question.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
We finished 7th last season and were playing good football.

QUOTE]

The thing with this stat that gets branded about is that in reality we were 7 points off the play offs (6 pts off mid table) , and this in what was a very weak division.

On top of that the football at times was shocking.

We haven't particularly gone backwards , it's just that everyone else has gone forwards

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Why no Coppell?

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Notwithstanding the Palace link, Coppell's man management skills were way ahead of any of the four managers listed in this thread's options. At least he could "manage" Leon Knight.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
But think what Len could do for the squad's footwork and posture?

Not to mention their balance and sense of positioning.

:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here