Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who would have thought....

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing
Who would have thought 10 years ago that this would be a view at the beginning of an Albion home game. Great performance yesterday but bring on the Premier League!
image.jpg

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Well done to Knight, Perry, Bloom, FatBoy, the fans who truly battled and protested, Brighton MPs, and so on, and so on.

It is amazing, a dream.

The enemies of football and the Albion, caused a delay, that led to a larger and more futuristic design. The Albion had the last laugh.

D

Deleted member 18477

Great pic. Sitting in West stand upper I don't get to see it in all its glory. Looks great with the corner going round in the 1901 seats!

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Great Pic!

Here's one of mine from the South West Corner!

2013-01-26 15.10.01.jpg

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Wow. Marvellous picture. The worst thing about sitting in the West stand is not being able to see it or hear it when it really gets going.

Imagine sitting in a bar 10 years ago or something and someone comes up to you and shows you that picture? Then they tell you that Vicente - that new up and coming superstar for Valencia - will be playing for us, and Gus Poyet will be our manager!
Brighton vs Arsenal infront of a sell-out crowd in OUR stadium. Incredible.

Great Pic!

Here's one of mine from the South West Corner!

View attachment 39066

Excellent view!

On an unrelated note, not sure what your signature means? If there are 18 games left, that make 54 points still to play for. Surely 96 is the maximum possible number of points we can get as opposed to those to play for?
Just being pedantic :)

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
I would love to be able to hear the west stand from the other side of the pitch. Must have sounded immense at times on saturday. The noise felt incredible at times espc singing "youre not singing anymore" the second time and Albiooon albioon. Was fuckin immense im still buzzing now even though we lost

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I would love to be able to hear the west stand from the other side of the pitch. Must have sounded immense at times on saturday. The noise felt incredible at times espc singing "youre not singing anymore" the second time and Albiooon albioon. Was fuckin immense im still buzzing now even though we lost

Strange thing is, you can't really hear the WSU from the East - must be the acoustics...

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Imagine sitting in a bar 10 years ago or something and someone comes up to you and shows you that picture? Then they tell you that Vicente - that new up and coming superstar for Valencia - will be playing for us, and Gus Poyet will be our manager!

I like that, gives me tingles up me spine.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Wow. Marvellous picture. The worst thing about sitting in the West stand is not being able to see it or hear it when it really gets going.

Excellent view!

On an unrelated note, not sure what your signature means? If there are 18 games left, that make 54 points still to play for. Surely 96 is the maximum possible number of points we can get as opposed to those to play for?

Would be nice if Vicente played for us!

Still he looks good on the squad list. :lol:

D

Deleted member 22389

Who would have thought 10 years ago that this would be a view at the beginning of an Albion home game. Great performance yesterday but bring on the Premier League!
View attachment 39064

Same here it's amazing. I really hope we can sell out again next season, because the crowd at this place is everything. We have gone to a completely different level since leaving The Withdean.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Excellent view!

Many thanks for the compliment on the picture :blush:

Signature now duly changed!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
View attachment 39064

I'm in that picture. And my brother, I'm the bald chap a couple of rows ahead. He's the long haired rocker to the left. Genetics, it's just not fair. :(

Such as brilliant picture btw. After all the pain we've suffered over the years, occasions like Saturday are quite unbelievable.

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing
I'm in that picture. And my brother, I'm the bald chap a couple of rows ahead. He's the long haired rocker to the left. Genetics, it's just not fair. :(

Such as brilliant picture btw. After all the pain we've suffered over the years, occasions like Saturday are quite unbelievable.
I look forward to days like this every other Saturday at the Amex!!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
It is almost surreal in many ways. I remember in the 80s looking at those 'aerial' drawings of the 30k Waterhall Stadium design in that short-lived Albion 'broadsheet' newspaper (available in all good newsagents) all the stands depicted packed with Albion fans, and thinking "wow." It was such a beautiful sight and such a pipe dream and now we are finally living it in the form of the Amex. Just incredible, and what a journey. I'll have to dig out that newspaper and scan the pics.

My first time in the WSU and was amazed at the fab view from the very back row and the amount of noise being generated - a fair bit of it by the two small Pottings to my right who had a whale of a time on Saturday. Nice words from Liam Brady at half time - is our own Liam B named after him?

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne

Be nice to hear you from the North occasionally! :bigwave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here