• The are all wankers

Votes: 17 12.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
At last an actual debate, and some discussion of policy. Clegg and Cameron both clearly have something different to offer... and Brown showed that he just wants to continue to spend, spend, spend - his final speech was so desperate, he should have been using it to try and inspire the public, and failed miserably.

Incidentally I think both Brown and Cameron missed a trick but not agreeing with Clegg that discussion and honesty about the economy should be cross-party.

As for the other two, Cameron probably edged it.

(they're all wankers though)

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
My pleasure. :kiss:

Just out of interest (sic) is it possible to be the most bored about something? I mean - philosophically it's a paradox, isn't it? To be the most bored, I mean....but this election just has me reaching for the sleeping pills. I am officially the most bored with this election in the whole of Britain.

Time for bed, methinks

Bored? Don't know if I'm alone in being a sad geek, but this is the first time I've been excited by a campaign. It's the unpredictability of it I think.

zego

Jul 10, 2003
Fulham

sorry wrong channel

Don't be sorry - Fulham by a country mile.

It has been of flickering interest to see these so called debates - but overall more like a dialogue of the deaf, except of course that the physically deaf are at least as likely to communicate properly as anybody else, albiet by different means.

Bored? Don't know if I'm alone in being a sad geek, but this is the first time I've been excited by a campaign. It's the unpredictability of it I think.

Only in a "what will they do with my body when I die" kind of excitement. You could go for the predictable cremation or the equally worthy burial.....but wait, there's a third option...you could put me in a black sack and leave me for the dustmen.

Ultimately, I'm f***ed whatever way I choose.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Didn't watch the whole of the debate as fed up with the media hype about who looks best, who didn't pick their nose on camera etc etc rather than the real issues of the actual policies. It's like someone deciding not to vote for brown because he got caught on mike saying something he shouldn't and they don't think any other politician does that, with the exception of the mike. The election is descending into who does best in a contrived TV party political broadcast. You can't call them debates because there is no question master to challenge them to answer questions. Look at Cameron refusing to give a yes/no answer. Also Brown and Cameron not commenting on what they will do about the alleged 600k illegals in the country. They dismiss the amnesty but have no alternative proposals. Personally, if the amnesty is for those that can show they have been here for, say, at least 5 years, then I'm all for it. Let's get their taxes into the coffers.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Interestingly, although all the polls have Cameron winning the debate overall, there are some interesting cross-tabs in the Angus Reid poll, for example, which shows Clegg doing best amongst those who are undecided or waverers. Amongst those who have definitely decided who they are voting for, Cameron won.

So if the polls change as a result of this debate, we would expect them to move towards the libdems.

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
That worm graph thing told the whole story- it went down just looking at Brown's face on his opening speech before he'd even opened his mouth. I'm no Labour supporter but if no-one listens to what he says then what's the point in having a debate at all.

I was one of the 36 doing the worm last night. f*** knows what planet they found some of the other 35 people on. I actually thought Brown won the debate last night (and voted as such) although his attempts to smile and connect made me want to wretch. Some Lib dems policies (banks and Immigration) were looney tunes

Cameron was too muh spin for me dodging questions and making it sound like he was supporting the common man (Inheritance Tax) but is only interested in the super rich. His constant staring at the camera was scary.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Brown is as charismatic as a tree stump.

He knows his stuff better than either of the others,but always looks like the dork at the party ,stuck in the kitchen sipping half a bitter shandy.

Sadly,these days,it seems to be all in the glitz,bullshit baffling brains.

I'll be hanged if it's not a hung parliament.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Brown is as charismatic as a tree stump.

He knows his stuff better than either of the others,but always looks like the dork at the party ,stuck in the kitchen sipping half a bitter shandy.

Sadly,these days,it seems to be all in the glitz,bullshit baffling brains.

I'll be hanged if it's not a hung parliament.
Nicely put.

Cameron looked most polished but still doesn't go near the difficult questions and this will cost him.

Hung parliament looking likely. I think LibLab with Brown on the backbenches is most likely IMO, but don't rule out a Tory majority.

Personally, I found all three of them boring last night (I watched the previous two debates) and turned over half way through to watch the footy.

But then I don't have to live in a country run by any of them - good luck, guys.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Nicely put.

Cameron looked most polished but still doesn't go near the difficult questions and this will cost him.

Hung parliament looking likely. I think LibLab with Brown on the backbenches is most likely IMO, but don't rule out a Tory majority.
Cant see brown being content on the backbenches, i reckon he's more likely to take his 'talents' elsewhere, somewhere like the IMF or worldbank.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
Before a word was spoken Brown I thought looked terrible, he looked unshaven and as though the campaign itself had aged him 10 years, he actually reminded me of Nixon in the Nixon/Kennedy debate, (not that image should make a difference but we all know it does) Within 30 seconds of ANY question he didn't tell the country what he would do but would just attack Tory policies which he did all night long on every question.

Cameron like a boxer trying to avoid a desperate slugger and managed to weave and dodge pretty much all Brown's questions and never gave a straight answer to a single one however, he rightly virtually ignored Brown whom we all know is probably finished and attacked Clegg and a few, almost undoubtedly bullshit figures about immigration and attacking on the Euro landed a few blows on Clegg whom looked a little bit flustered and has probably played the look let these two bicker, vote for me I am not one of these two mainstream parties candidates a little bit too often.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I think Brown won - people shoudl say who won rather than who they plan to vote for, it doesn't have to be the same. I though Clegg won the first one, no way I would vote for him.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I think the British people are about to get the Government they deserve. People have said they are interested in policies and detail but when push came to shove (if you believe the snap opinion polls) they went for the slick presentation with no substance.

In the last 3 years I've been very vocal on here about the lack of substance from CMD and Osborne. We've been told 'you cant expect the opposition to tell you their plans so far ahead'. Well here we are a week away and I still dont see or know their plans.

As I've said all along, the Tory vote is usually higher than the opinion polls (and has been since 1979) so I would think that a Tory majority is still a likely outcome - if they are at 38% in the polls just ahead of the election that will become 40+ in real votes and so a potential majority (assuming the Lib dems get marginalised in the last week which they may not).

However anything less than a majority given the worst recession in a lifetime and the current government having been there for 13 years would be a failure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here