Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who will we sign first?

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
The idea that GP who has turned down some quite decent looking jobs is willing to stand in the wings happy to be a last resort for the Albion is actually quite laughable imo. He is not coming back, if he was he’d have been appointed.

I have serious doubts that he’d even have considered it as first choice too.
Potter will get the England job post Euros.
You may laugh but he’s the king of XG which seemingly counts for everything these days.

Arnold

Mar 10, 2024
West Sussex
We've got a couple of weeks where it won't make much difference if we don't recruit a manager. After that it starts to get closer to pre-season prep.
The transfer window will probably be very flat until the Euro's are done anyway.
Didn't RDZ leave because we don't sign "expensive PL ready players"?
I'm happy with B&B taking their time, appointing the right man, and signing good players rather than expensive ones.
No need to panic.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Potter will get the England job post Euros.
You may laugh but he’s the king of XG which seemingly counts for everything these days.
I would be far more enthusiastic about watching England than I am now. Any players who go all Prima Donna on him will be dropped from the squad, so he won’t get another Chelsea scenario and the chances are they will take on board his tactics given most of them probably play in a similar way at their elite clubs clubs anyway.

Regarding XG, remember the quality of striker he had here?

Last edited:

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I would be far more enthusiastic about watching England than I am now. Any players who go all Prima Donna on him will be dropped from the squad, so he won’t get another Chelsea scenario and the chances are they will take on board his tactics given most of them probably play in a similar way at their elite clubs clubs anyway.

Regarding XG, remember the quality of striker he had here?
I fear he’d play it safe until we lose. Much like Gareth.
If England are to win anything we would need a shit or bust type of manager.
A RDZ type, with a bit more experience.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
I fear he’d play it safe until we lose. Much like Gareth.
If England are to win anything we would need a shit or bust type of manager.
A RDZ type, with a bit more experience.

We can end this discussion right here right now if you think Waistcoat man and teeth sucker play the same way :smile:

RDZ would be f***ing brilliant until he came up against an elite manager with elite players in International football… imo. If he has learnt anything from the Brighton experience and adjusts his tactics to suit the opposition and their manager then yes he could be brilliant against anyone.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
We can end this discussion right here right now if you think Waistcoat man and teeth sucker play the same way :smile:

RDZ would be f***ing brilliant until he came up against an elite manager with elite players in International football… imo. If he has learnt anything from the Brighton experience and adjusts his tactics to suit the opposition and their manager then yes he could be brilliant against anyone.
The end result is pretty similar. Cautious football. Not sure either have the knack of getting the best out of elite players.
Re RDZ….you are probably right. It would be fun while it lasted though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here