Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who will captain the team next year?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Forster will be Club Captain.

Take your pick as to who will be team captain if Forster doesn't play. At present, it appears to be Virgo. I see no reason for that to change.

It's not as though this isn't without precedent. 2002 - Paul Rogers, Club Captain. Charlie Oatway, team captain in his absence.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

Take your pick as to who will be team captain if Forster doesn't play. At present, it appears to be Virgo. I see no reason for that to change.

It's not as though this isn't without precedent. 2002 - Paul Rogers, Club Captain. Charlie Oatway, team captain in his absence.

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
As long as Forster is fit and raring to go i'd certaintly go for him with Virgs as Vice#
So the same..

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Fozzy as captain and Virgs as vice-captain.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Its not very often that it happens but I agree with TLO, I also think that Virgo will be captain when we get to Falmer.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Why isn't this a poll? Virgo for me - nothing against Forster, but a). I don't really like centre forwards being captain - it should be a defender or a midfielder, and b). because I don't expect Forster to play all that many games next (or any other) season.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Forster, with Elphick as second in command.

BHA96

May 4, 2009
HH
forster is a good captain but i would have virgo as vice

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
A few people on here really take Forster for granted. I still maintain that even at 35 he's championship class and could do so much better than us. The best all-round forward we've had in my 15 years supporting the albion, and there shouldn't be any doubts about either his starting place or captaincy.

I agree, but Forster better than Zamora? No way.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
So for those who want to strip Nicky Forster of the Club Captaincy, what has he done to have deserved such treatment?

i dont think anyone want to see Forster "stripped" of the captaincy, just some prefer a defensive player in that role and others recognise he probably wont be on the pitch that often.

lethaldrizzle

Apr 30, 2007
South East London
Elphick needs to concentrate on ironing out the errors that seemed to have slipped into his game this season before he's ready for extra responsibility.

Forster. Virgo vice.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Way too much made of this, it's not as though the captain in football has a massive role to play.

Toss the coin at half time, shake your opposing number's hand, shout a bit, get in the front of the picture if you're one of four captains who gets to win a league title each year.

If you're that kind of vocal player, you shout at the team and gee them up whether you're captain or not. It makes little difference to the team whether Forster, Virgo or even Doug Loft is skipper.

We're not talking cricket here.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Vice captain is even more utterly pointless.

It's a ceremonial job, nothing more, until such time as FIFA introduce a directive that only the captain may speak to a referee during a game.

Why the need for a formal vice captain? Surely if the original skipper's not about they just give the job to the next most senior or appropriate player. No need for all this ceremony and fuss!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here