Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who will be the next Chelsea manager

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Yes he would and if you knew squat about football you would know why !!!

Clearly I do not know anything about football. But I tell what I will do, I will save your post and when the next Chelsea manager is announced, perhaps we can look back at this thread. Roman wanted Pep Guardiola, which if I am right in thinking has won a little bit more then Gus. It was well reported at the time that RDM got the job they Roman wanted a high profile manager, but because Chelsea won the champions league he had to stick with RDM. However he got rid of him as soon as he could, Since Rafa has taken over the results have been worse and yet he is still there. He will appoint a high profile manager because he wants to win and he is waiting for the summer. If he wanted Gus, he could have got him when he sacked RDM. Also Roman has not appointed anyone who has not won a domestic trophy or managed in the top flight, RDM was caretaker manager until he won the champions league.

Last edited:

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Unfortunately i will say Poyet !!!
I would say in the Summer but the way things are going for Chelsea could be sooner !
He may well take Zola as his assistant !!

On current performance more likely to be the other way round but Chelsea will not appoint a manager with no Premier League and/or European experience

danish seagull

Apr 16, 2012
København
Hopefully Zola or Laudrup! If I'm honest though surly Gus or Zola has to get their team to the prem first to be considered? Gus keeps saying he will go to the prem without if we don't make it on a 'few' seasons but surly he'd have failed as its he's job to get us there!

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
If he is likely to Sack Raffa, please tell me why he would pick Gus. I presume he sacked RM because of poor results, if he sacks RB it will be because of poor results. Why would he then go for a championship manager who is only in 7th and take Zola as an assistant who has his side on fire at the moment. Roman wants to win

This

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If he gets offered it Gus will be off like a shot. Don't think Gus is good enough or has achieved anywhere near enough to manage a club that expects Champions's League football, it would be a crazy move by Abramovich but he does seem a bit crazy, so anything is possible.

Goat lung

Jan 27, 2013
It just makes you wonder how long it will be before roman gets bored with it all and moves on to American football or some other sport

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
Chelsea are embarrassing, when abramovich leaves they are in big trouble, hopefully they end up like Portsmouth.

D

Deleted member 18477

Chelsea are embarrassing, when abramovich leaves they are in big trouble, hopefully they end up like Portsmouth.

This.

What is the point in Chelsea even having a manager? Mourinho didn't like shevchenko - sacked, di Matteo didn't like Torres - sacked!

For Chelsea's sake it should be player/manager Terry or Ambramovich himself. But like you said Chelsea are a total joke club. They once were a great club back in the 90's and early 00's. shame for the real fans.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Poyet I hope.....Can they please take him now, so we still stand half a chance of getting in the top six, by getting someone in who will play to our strength's.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
clearly i do not know anything about football. But i tell what i will do, i will save your post and when the next chelsea manager is announced, perhaps we can look back at this thread. Roman wanted pep guardiola, which if i am right in thinking has won a little bit more then gus. It was well reported at the time that rdm got the job they roman wanted a high profile manager, but because chelsea won the champions league he had to stick with rdm. However he got rid of him as soon as he could, since rafa has taken over the results have been worse and yet he is still there. He will appoint a high profile manager because he wants to win and he is waiting for the summer. If he wanted gus, he could have got him when he sacked rdm. Also roman has not appointed anyone who has not won a domestic trophy or managed in the top flight, rdm was caretaker manager until he won the champions league.

zzzzzzzzz !!!

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
You're joking surely. Cuddles hates that duck.

Hey! Don't shoot the messenger. When you've been on the Jam Roll as long as these two any job offer is a good one. It was either work under Abramovich or wait for the next series of I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here. Although finding out whether Orville changes his own nappy is appealing. I think his time is best spent working on the mental side of Torres's game.

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
Hopefully Poyet. We can use the compensation that we receive from the loss of our great fuhrer to appoint someone with experience at this level. Someone who actually possesses tactical awareness. Something that is clearly lacking in our great fuhrer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here