Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who will be the first team to sell out the South Stand

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
If we were two divisions below them and they were playing their 2nd game in a state of the art stadium? I reckon we'd take at least 2000

You reckon? Maybe if it was a Saturday cup game but I couldn't see it for a Tuesday night.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Clearly Donny would have brought 2,000 and maybe even sold out if the first day ticketing gremlins hadn't taken hold. I know they're one of the division's smaller clubs but opening day at a seaside resort in a new ground would surely have brought out more than 1,500 or however many they brought with them. Clearly there was a big f*** up somewhere along the line there. They should have been given all 2,500 in one go, or just the 1,250 and sold the rest to Albion fans.

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
I thought Gillingham did pretty well, how many of us could be arsed to got there on a Tuesday night in the 1st round of the Carling Cup? I know I couldn't. And they are in League 2.

i thought it was a good showing from Gillingham too. However if it were us in league 2 how many do you think we'd take to a club within a reasonable distance that had just opened a shiny new ground? I reckon we'd have taken a fair few.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Leeds would have sold out if on a Saturday, but now a Friday night I wouild be surprised if they take more than 1500.

I reckon:
Blackpool 1800
P/Borough 650
Leeds 1500
Palarse 2500 Sell out
Nope, Leeds will still sell out. They have something like the 4th or 5th largest number of fans as members of affiliated supporters clubs across the country. There are two or three supporters clubs in the south, who between them will snaffle half their allocation for a start.

southern_sid

Banned
Aug 5, 2011
I know a few saints lads very well.

We are there BIG day out, expect at least 2.5k to travel.

All on a beano, half the estate pubs are running coaches for the day.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Nope, Leeds will still sell out. They have something like the 4th or 5th largest number of fans as members of affiliated supporters clubs across the country. There are two or three supporters clubs in the south, who between them will snaffle half their allocation for a start.

fair play, I didnt no that. Leeds to be the 1st then!

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I would have thought almost certainly the following:

Pompey
Southampton
Palace
West Ham
Forest
Blackpool
Leeds

And maybe Leicester as well if they are flying high.

If Doncaster and Gillingham can make it to around 1,400 mark, those clubs should be able to bring another 1,000 or so.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
i thought it was a good showing from Gillingham too. However if it were us in league 2 how many do you think we'd take to a club within a reasonable distance that had just opened a shiny new ground? I reckon we'd have taken a fair few.

We are a much bigger club than Gillingham though, they only get about 6,000 for a home game (I know we did at Withers but the situation was very different)

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
was shocked Donny Rovers didnt sell their allocation though, shame on them!

They did, according to their supporters. There was some kind of administrative cock-up which kept their numbers down, not a lack of will. Spurs sold all tickets available to them and I thought Gillingham's turnout, for a League Two side in a League Cup game, was incredible.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Blackpool (possibly)
Leeds
Palace
Forest
Pompey
Saints
West Ham
Millwall (possibly)
Birmingham

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I would have thought almost certainly the following:

Pompey
Southampton
Palace
West Ham
Forest
Blackpool
Leeds

And maybe Leicester as well if they are flying high.
Ipswich will definitely sell out, and Derby and Millwall will probably both have 2,000+

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Leeds will sell out.

I have a neighbour who is a Leeds fan and he applied for ticket through the local SE Leeds Supporters Club which he is a member of, he couldn't get Soton tickets as they were over subscribed by too much and he is worried he may not get tickets for our game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here