Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who will be our new MANAGER now Oscar has GOING ?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Why shudder with Tim Sherwood. This board appears to want passion and British, and he'd also bring Chris Ramsey back into the Albion fold - and Sir Les. He also has a better win% than any recent Spurs mgr.

I want Oscar to stay - but in terms of British candidates Sherwood would be a good shout.

I wouldn't mind a British candidate, but that's not the be all and end all, and Sherwood seems to have massively underachieved at Spurs given the budget.

So *shudder* from me.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Tim Sherwood

There were rumours last year, weren't there.

While I think he's an idiot, he's done ok with Spurs, we'd attack a bit more and would fulfill the passionate Englishman criteria that some seem to care about

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
I wouldn't mind a British candidate, but that's not the be all and end all, and Sherwood seems to have massively underachieved at Spurs given the budget.

So *shudder* from me.

That was AVB that spent the budget though not Sherwood wasn't it?

Even Sherwood said they had bought players that failed under AVB

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Tim Sherwood's public pronouncements have made him look a bit of an idiot.. but his record's actually pretty good and he's not afraid to put his faith in the younger players. Add the Paul Barber connection and it adds up that we would sound him out. If he can't get something better, it wouldn't surprise me at all.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
That was AVB that spent the budget though not Sherwood wasn't it?

Even Sherwood said they had bought players that failed under AVB

Sherwood forgets to mention he was part of the transfer committee that Ok'ed the deals, Some reports that he had more of a say than AVB on the transfers.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Doesn't matter who would be new manager turned out to be....unless he comes in with 46 wins and a 200 goal plus... our Ernie would be leading the pack of instant successors to call for his head.

The REF

Jun 30, 2012
I Think Eddie Howe is a good shout , but I also witnessed( as a former Bridge regular ) what Glenn Hoddle achieved at Chelsea before the Russian money came in. He transormed that team from 'a joke' to an attacking ,battling team of character ,then improved the quality of player ,shrewdly spending relatively little money. left CFC for the England job...yes made error with voicing his belief /opinion etc but I reckon he could do a very good job at Amex.

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
Eddie Howe would be an excellent appointment but would he leave Bournemouth? At least Brighton is a lot closer to Bournemouth than Burnley is so that's to your advantage. He may well feel it would be unfair on the team he supports to leave them for a second time so soon.
Of-course my choice for the B&HA job would be Paolo Di Canio but I fear he wouldn't be a popular appointment and is a rather unlikely one.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
My first choice, as before Oscar was appointed, is Ralf Rangnick.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Could be worth a punt on someone like Steve Claridge or Mark Bright.

These guys spend a lot of time watching and studying the Football League and know what it takes to be successful.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here