Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who, where, why and when?

Longfellow

Jul 27, 2004
Don't know the elephant's name but it was definately at Selhurst Park - it was when Wimbledon FC were ground sharing with Palace. I think it was a publicity stunt by the then chairman Sam Hamman to draw attention to Merton Council not assisting them to find a suitable site to get them back to the Wimbledon area - sounds a familiar story.

Not sure whether it was 1995 or 1996 but it was a Premier League match - Wimbledon v Nottingham Forest - as you may have gathered I was there supporting the Dons.

The elephant got into a bit of a panic and the old boy ended up being dragged along by it! Happy days!

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
An even more baffling photo ...

pa-114580.jpg

Freedman reckons he needs a big lump up front.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Isn't that Dean Windass warming up?

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
To add to the previous Billy Wright info. He later married one of the Beverley Sisters. A contemporary of mine from Brighton, married one of the others, so this was not the last time he visited, and maybe he brought his own cat.

Donald Cottage - Property - Kingsway Court?....Joy?

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Donald Cottage - Property - Kingsway Court?....Joy?

Joy was the Sister that married Billy Wright. Are you saying she lives in Kingsway Court?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Joy was the Sister that married Billy Wright. Are you saying she lives in Kingsway Court?

At least two of the Beverly Sisters live (or have lived) locally. I remember seeing two of them in the Burgess Hill branch of Waitrose about three or four years ago.

I can't say I know an awful lot about them, but there's no mistaking identically dressed twin grannies, with dyed blonde hair and caked in rouge and bright blue eye shadow.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The crowd looks surprisingly large for a Wimbledon game at Selhurst. I see they're half way through constructing the barn at the Holmesdale end too.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
New transport system for ALL palace fans coming to meet the players evening!
or/and
Now we've run out of Bullshit were now talking ellephant shit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here