Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who/what has truly inspired you in life?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Al Bion said:
Kylie Minogue.

She was diagnosed with breast cancer 5 months before me, didn't really care for her much beforehand but it's been inspirational watching her progress. I know how hard it was for me to lose my hair and today was my first time back out in public without wig/scarf and I was terrified, she's had to do it all with the world watching. A very brave lady indeed.

:clap2:

As someone who has known Al Bion for over 20 years I nominate her as a true Blue and White inspiration. She has never once moaned or been self pitiful about her condition, and travels to as many games as she can, despite living 200 miles from Withdean she still has a season ticket and is there in all weathers.

We travel to a lot of away games together and at times she is too weak from chemotherapy and can't make it. When this happens she apologises for changing the travel plans, which is ridiculous but a testament to what a genuinely humane and humble person she is.

Unlike Kylie she does not have a sychophantic media sucking up to her, the best medical treatment that money can buy etc. Instead she struggles to get to work when she can, take her son to school and do all the things that superstars would not have a clue how to do whilst still remaining in good humour and has a smile for everyone whenever I see her.

Al Bion you are a TRUE albion legend

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
El Presidente said:
As someone who has known Al Bion for over 20 years I nominate her as a true Blue and White inspiration. She has never once moaned or been self pitiful about her condition, and travels to as many games as she can, despite living 200 miles from Withdean she still has a season ticket and is there in all weathers.

We travel to a lot of away games together and at times she is too weak from chemotherapy and can't make it. When this happens she apologises for changing the travel plans, which is ridiculous but a testament to what a genuinely humane and humble person she is.

Unlike Kylie she does not have a sychophantic media sucking up to her, the best medical treatment that money can buy etc. Instead she struggles to get to work when she can, take her son to school and do all the things that superstars would not have a clue how to do whilst still remaining in good humour and has a smile for everyone whenever I see her.

Al Bion you are a TRUE albion legend

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Good post El Pres....
Ordinary people who pass over their own problems to help and support others are the real heroes

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here