Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who was your first favourite player?

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
Yes the great Jimmy Greaves for me too - he waltzed round defenders and usually just passed the ball into the net. He was a sublime goal scorer. Wardy for Albion as well

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Another one for Kit here. I modelled myself as a school boy on Andy Lockhead though.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Snap with Easy Ten on Garry Nelson. The first season I watched most games and he had THAT season. Poor old Bremner got none of the credit though. Honourable mention for Johnny Crumplin.

Non Albion, Gascoigne. The most talented Englishman I've ever seen albeit on too few occasions.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Probably Kurt Nogan, followed by Jeff Minton.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Bobby Charlton and, weirdly, Ted McDougall. No, not really sure why the latter.
Once I got my affiliations sorted out and started supporting the Albion properly in the mid 70s – Peter Ward, Nobby Horton and Eric Steele, in that order.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Another vote for Gary Hart. #OGH :albion2:

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Zamora, Hart and Virgo. Can’t spilt them, but technically it would have been Zamora and Hart first.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
For me it is definitely Peter Ward as an Albion favourite

During the dark days, I regularly cursed him for turning me into an Albion fan :smile:

My first hero though was Jimmy Greaves, I was a big Spurs fan as a small kid

I often get things like this wrong but I suggest most of you are going to come up with a striker/goal scorer, probably quite a few won’t even be an Albion player

Except [MENTION=4934]One Teddy Maybank[/MENTION] who will be choosing a defender :lolol:

Doh!

Dennis Burnett -1975.

Erm…….. Centre-back

Then Sammy Morgan!!!!!

Edit - I did like John Richards of Wolves, as always had a soft spot for them, as first team I saw play Brighton in a friendly

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here