Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who was the worst striking partnership!

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
In recent memory I have to say the worst strike partnership we've had was Martin Hinshelwood's selection of Marney and Wilkinson. To be fair to him he'd lost Zamora and Kitson turned out to be an injury nightmare, but the fact that we were playing two inexperienced youth team members up front who now can't even make the basement of league football was a complete joke. It's no wonder we lost so many games in a row when there was about zero chance of either of them getting a goal, and thats not through their lack of trying, they were just infairly thrown in at the deep end.

Jul 20, 2003
didn't we once go into a game with Phil Andrews and Paul McCarthy as our strike force? I'm sure PM got at least one game as a forward 'cause I stuck a tenner on him being first goalscorer at about 18/1 and he DIDN'T

however I have seen Phil Andrews score (for Dorchester)

Jul 20, 2003
didn't we once go into a game with Phil Andrews and Paul McCarthy as our strike force? I'm sure PM got at least one game as a forward 'cause I stuck a tenner on him being first goalscorer at about 18/1 and he DIDN'T

however I have seen Phil Andrews score (for Dorchester)

Soccerbase has saved my fragile sanity, it was Andrews and Mark Fox up front away at Torquay on New Year's Day 1997

we lost but Andrews scored

that was a shit day out, Oatway was playing for Torquay

I LOVE 'Soccerbase'

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Its hard to judge the worst partnership, you have to take in the level that we were in at the time.So Marney/Wilkinson at Championship level has got to be worse than Mahoney-Toilet/Whoever at bottom of league 2 level.

Beeneys gloves

Jul 7, 2003
Frank Stapleton was absolute rubbish when he payed for us.

can't recall if he had a partner tho

I remember that game! He came off the bench and was shocking. Only got a game because he was Bradys chum.

Pretty sure Bissett or Foster was thrown up front with him at one point, although the closest we came to scoring was when onloan Celtic keeper Stewart Kerr kicked it miles and it went wide....

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Did Andy Kennedy and Raphael Meade play together or is this just a horrible figment of my imagination?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here