Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who was the worst striking partnership!

Beeneys gloves

Jul 7, 2003
Without wanting to turn goldstone's thread into one about the worst ones, might as well use this one for it.

From my memory, there was a game against Cambridge at the Goldstone in 1996, where our strikers were

David Adekola and Christer Warren

Both making their debuts, and it was SO bad.

Think Adekola lasted 45mins and never played again, while although Jimmy Case was pleased with the way Warren angled his runs, he didnt start again either!

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Without wanting to turn goldstone's thread into one about the worst ones, might as well use this one for it.

From my memory, there was a game against Cambridge at the Goldstone in 1996, where our strikers were

Think Adekola lasted 45mins and never played again, while although Jimmy Case was pleased with the way Warren angled his runs, he didnt start again either!

Mahoney -Johnson and whoever else was upfront with him at Gillingham the fans game against Doncaster.

Seagullible

Super Keeper
Jul 7, 2003
Tea room, The Office, Slough

unfortunately remember that game:nono:

Marney & wilkinson or Mahony-Johnson and Hilton

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Christer Simon Warren (born 10 October 1974 in Weymouth, Dorset) is a football player/manager for Wimborne Town in the Wessex League Premier Division. He can play in a number of positions, mainly on the left side of midfield.

Warren started his career at Cheltenham Town then in the Beazer Homes League. He became Cheltenham's record "sale" for a fee of £40,000 with clauses about appearances etc. He scored Cheltenham's goal in their 1-1 2nd Round FA Cup game against Bournemouth forcing a replay.

He was signed for Southampton at the end of the 1994-95 season and was viewed by manager Alan Ball as a good investment, who could play in any position on the left side. He made his debut for The Saints as a substitute away to Arsenal on 23 September 1995, and made a total of 7 appearances under new manager David Merrington, including his only start in a 3-0 defeat at Queens Park Rangers. It became clear that the Premiership was too much for him, and in October 1996 he was loaned to Brighton for a month. He made one further substitute appearance for Southampton in March 1997 before spending the rest of the season on loan at Fulham, where he helped them gain promotion from Division 3 under manager Micky Adams.

In October 1997, he moved across the New Forest for a fee of £50,000 to join Bournemouth where he spent 3 seasons in Division 2. In June 2000, he moved on to Queens Park Rangers on a free transfer and was part of the squad who saw Q.P.R. relegated to Football League Division 2 at the end of the 2000-01 season. After a trial at Oxford United in the summer of 2002 he spent a few weeks with Bristol Rovers on a non-contract basis before dropping down to lower-league football.

In October 2002 he signed for Eastleigh and in October 2005 he joined Winchester City of the Wessex League. In September 2006 he left Winchester to join Lymington & New Milton, before moving on to Wimborne Town in February 2007. In April 2007, he was appointed first-team manager at Wimborne Town

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Farrington and Kennedy.

Dear Lord, they were SHITE.

Did they actually play upfront together the same time?

At least Kennedy knew where the goal was (sometimes) when he wasnt shagging Maria Whittaker...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Farrington and Kennedy.

Dear Lord, they were SHITE.

Both of them. When we played Bristol Rovers at Bath our fans were shouting off off when Farrington committed a foul. Let's hope Bl doesnt find another one like him.
Aty Bradford one of my sons shouted at Kennedy that he was shit and he turned around and started slagging my son who was in the seats behind the goal, just as Brighton were going to take a corner on the left wing.

andybaha

Jan 3, 2007
Piddinghoe
Mahoney -Johnson and whoever else was upfront with him at Gillingham the fans game against Doncaster.

I think it was Robbie Reinault. An Albion legend but in all honesty not very good. Mahoney-Johnson was the guy we signed on loan from QPR but he was so shite in training that we tried to send him back, but QPR refused to take him back so we were stuck with him for a month. That game with Doncaster is probably the worst 90minutes of professional football I have ever watched.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Marney & wilkinson were the worst I've seen, but Farrington must be up there with Moralee as the worst strikers our club has ever seen!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here